Admission for Escher in Het Paleis in The Hague
Experience the world of M.C. Escher at Escher in the Palace, housed in a former Royal Palace in The Hague. Escher in Het Paleis is a permanent exhibition dedicated to the world-famous artist M.C. Escher.With over 150 prints you can always see the best known works and a changing selection of graphic work and tesselations from the complete works of Maurits C. Escher (1898-1972) at Escher in Het Paleis.
per adult from
1 to 2 hours
What's included :
- Access to Escher in Het Paleis
- Entry/Admission - Escher in Het Paleis (Escher in the Palace)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Visit: Escher in Het Paleis (Escher in the Palace), Lange Voorhout 74, 2514 EH, The Hague The Netherlands
The art of Escher instills a sense of bewilderment and wonder, and fascinates young and old alike with his magical world. The exhibition includes famous ‘impossible’ prints such as “Day and Night”, where the Dutch landscape appears to morph into a flock of birds, and “Climbing and Descending” which depicts rows of people perpetually ascending and descending a flight of stairs. His fantastical structures, which couldn't possibly exist in the real world, are optical illusions that play with perspective.
As well as showcasing his famous prints, The Palace also houses a collection of Escher’s early works, such as the beautiful Italian landscapes, studies of Moorish mosaics and bizarre still lives. The photographs of Escher’s family capture the private life of Escher, and the wood blocks and lithographic stones familiarize visitors in an accessible manner with his working methods.
Experience the world of Escher:
The second floor has been changed into a special experience for the presentation: In the Eye of Escher. An optical illusion depicts something which is in fact impossible. M.C. Escher was a master in this field. An optical illusion literally means doing puzzles with your eyes. The visitor will be able to unravel some of Escher’s mysteries like the Impossible Penrose Triangle by constructing one himself. The extra presentation “In the Eye of Escher” shows various themes in which Escher was involved, like reflection, perception and perspective.
Departure Point :Escher in Het Paleis (Escher in the Palace), Lange Voorhout 74, 2514 EH, The Hague The Netherlands
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A maximum of 14 people per booking
- Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own carer (electric Wheelchairs can not be used in the building)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.