Adventure Full day visit to Thanlyin (Syriam)
We believe our customer's delight is the pinnacle of success in everything we do. Therefore, our voyages are unique to others, where we provide more.
Passing a day to explore the quiet and charming sub-urban Syriam and visiting historic places.
Visit the historic pagodas, Midstream Pagoda, The first Catholic Church in Myanmar (Portuguese) and Hindu Temple.
And explore the local market and local life
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Purified Drinking Bottled Water Air-conditioned private car service for whole day Entry/Admission fees for Midstream Pagoda (Kyauk Tan Ye Le) & Kyaik Khauk Pagoda
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses Beverages Gratuities Camera Fee, Travel insurance
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Thanlyin, Myanmar (Burma)
You are picked up by our company’s Tour Guide at your hotel.
We start our trip by driving 45 minutes across the Bago River from Yangon lies Thanlyin (Syriam). It was an important trading center in the 17th Century under the Portuguese Adventurer De Brito. Today, Than-lyin is noted for its Deep Sea Port Projects in Thilawa. We visit to highlights if Thanlyin - Ruins of the old Portuguese Churches in the center of town, the ruins of a Catholic church built by an Italian Barnabite missionary can still be seen, Kyaik-Khauk Pagoda; it perches on the hillock of the town, an imposing golden stupa similar to the Shwedagon with a history dated back over 2,000 years. The two tombs in front of the pagoda are Myanmar writers Natshinnaung and Padethayaza who wrote about ordinary people in Ava period and were captured by Mon. Later, proceeds to Kyauk-Tan Pagoda (a Pagoda on a small island on a tributary of Yangon’s river), on the way, stop at Bada-Gyi village, to see 41 feet high, 100 years old, huge Seated Buddha Image.
Enjoy the lunch at a local restaurant.
Late afternoon, drive back to Yangon and visit Bogyoke Aung San Market (Scott Market, Closed on every Mondays).
Return to your Hotel and end of the Tour.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick up from Yangon International Airport with additional charges
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.