Adventure in Eagle's Nest - Hike Tour
The first time that Easy Company part of the 101st. Airborne division reached the hills of Obersalzberg most of the buildings in that area where destroyed. If you visit this area today you will see that a lot has changed, the forest has taken over and a big parking place leads people straight up the mountain. This tour is here to provide you with far reaching insight of the historical locations hidden in the forest, see the ruins of Hitler's house and other WWII sights that will bring history to life. Then hike up from there to the Eagle's Nest and you will following the steps of the first American soldiers that got there by foot in May 1945. Even though the Eagle's Nest is one of the most visited places in Germany our tour will take us thru a more richer and less traveled path. The tour is a mix world history, exercise and incredible landscapes.
I take pride in offering the best possible experience to deliver professional and safe guidance in the mountains with a relaxed atmosphere.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
What's included :
- Transport to Eagle's Nest and back.
- Can borrow trekking poles if requested
- Exploration of the Obersalzberg (where the high command had their residences)
- Ruins of Hitler's mountain house.
- Entry/Admission - The Eagle's Nest
What's excluded :
- Lunch - Food is not included in the tour, make sure to bring your own snacks or food for a picnic in the Alps.
- The Eagle's Nest building is closed this year but the hike allow us exclusive access to the area.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Eagle's Nest, dokumentatIon Obersalzberg, 83471 Berchtesgaden, Bavaria Germany
The Eagle's Nest is located in the imposing summit of the Kehlstein mountain. Even to this date not such place has being build. People taking the tour will discover all the history behind its construction, win insight about the role it plays today in society and have the opportunity to explore the incredible landscapes of the Bavarian Alps.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Parkplatz Obersalzberg - Dokumentationszentrum, 83471 Berchtesgaden, Germany
This part of the tour is unique because the location is so rich historically, only if you know where to look. We will hike around the area of Obersalzberg, the place where Hitler and many other high ranking officers had their houses. The tour will give an insight of the historical importance of that area, how it was transformed into a nazi town and what decisions where taken there that affected the life of millions.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Südtiroler Pl. 19, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.