Adventurous City Tour including Tunnel of Hope
In our tour you will see and hear story about city that was 1425 days under the siege. We will have a possibility to walk through a tunnel, watch a short film in museum under the tunnel and hear some interesting stories from that period.
Join us on one of the bestseller city tours and hear about recent happenings in Sarajevo in 1990’s.
per adult from
2 to 3 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Parking Fees
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Sarajevo War Tunnel
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sarajevo War Tunnel, Tuneli 1 Ilidža - Donji Kotorac, Sarajevo 71210 Bosnia and Herzegovina
When the idea of building a tunnel under the runway of Sarajevo airport was born, in order to connect the besieged Sarajevo with the rest of Bosnian territory, it seemed to be a very strange idea to many people. However, these were times when everything was more than strange. A tunnel was constructed between March and June 1993. It was built by the Bosnian Army in order to allow food, war supplies and humanitarian aid to come in to the city and allowing people to get out.
In our tour you will see and hear story about city that was 1425 days under the siege.
The Sarajevo tunnel, from the idea to realization and primarily by function, was in many ways a unique facility of its kind in the world. That dug hole in the ground, approximately 800 meters long, with an average height of 1.6 meters and a width of 1 meter, reminded about everything else but the tunnel.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Kazazi 10, Sarajevo 71000, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Butmir Airport, Sarajevo Bosnia and Herzegovina
Departure Time :3/27/2020 - 10/24/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.