Afternoon: Chan Chan Complex from Trujillo
Chan Chan is a complex of adobe and sand and was one of the largest known cities in the Americas. For nearly 600 years, the sprawling city was the seat of an Empire that extended for hundreds of miles, and its residents were masters of engineering techniques unknown to the rest of the world.
per adult from
What's included :
- Pick up from your hotel in Trujillo.
- Professional guide in English or Spanish
- Drop off at main square in Trujillo.
- Entry/Admission - Chan Chan
What's excluded :
- Extra expenses (drinks, souvenirs, etc)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chan Chan, Trujillo Peru
Pick up from accommodation in Trujillo around 2pm . Then we will start our visit of the famous Huaca Arco Iris (Huaca Dragón) and the Huaca Esmeralda.
Afterwards, we get an insight to the site of Chan Chan in the official museum and also visit the Nickán Palace. We visit inner patios, residences, administrative buildings, temples, platforms and storehouses, and a huge reservoir where "sunken gardens" may have produced specialized crops for the Chimu nobility.
We continue on to the nearby beach resort of Huanchaco, where we have a chance to try the superb seafood of Trujillo at a restaurant overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Here fishermen still paddle out to sea, kneeling on caballitos de totora -- little one-man reed rafts which have been used for millennia to collect the abundant bounty of the Pacific ocean.
Return to the city of Trujillo at 18:00h. Drop off at Trujillo main square.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from your accommodation in Trujillo
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please confirm accommodation details at time of booking.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.