Afternoon Golden Circle | Small Group
The Golden Circle is one of the most popular sightseeing tour in Iceland – which doesn’t come as a surprise considering you are visiting the most renowned attractions in the country when you drive along the Golden Circle route. The tour mainly consists of 3 distinctly unique locations; Thingvellir National Park, the Geysir known as Strokkur and the waterfall called Gullfoss.
Thingvellir is the first stop which showcases where the Icelandic Parliament began in 930AD and is still running to this day.
The second stop is the only erupting Geysir in Iceland, Strokkur. In 1963 after decades of it not erupting locals under advice from the Geysir Committee helped to clear a blockage and it has been erupting ever since.
The third and final stop is Gullfoss (Golden Waterfall) which was created at the end of the last Ice Age. Gullfoss is known to be the largest waterfall in terms of volume of water with the average around 1400 m³/s in summer and 80 m³/s in winter.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Small group guarantee
- English speaking driver and guide
- Stops at Thingvellir, Geysir & Gullfoss
- Pick up and drop off in Reykjavik
- Entry/Admission - Thingvellir National Park
- Entry/Admission - Geysir
- Entry/Admission - Gullfoss
What's excluded :
- Lunch - At the Geysir you can enter the restaurant there and get any food you need
- Clothing suitable for the weather; e.g. waterproofs, hat, gloves & scarf
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Thingvellir National Park, Thingvellir Iceland
Starting with Thingvellir National Park we enrich you with Icelandic history and let the natural beauty of the park sink in. Not only is the park both historic and visually stunning but it also has a unique geological significance as it is situated right between the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates. This is where you capture Iceland’s raw, alien wonders at its best – as the park is surrounded by volcanoes and sprinkled with lava rock and moss. You’ll also enjoy the sight of the largest lake in Iceland, Thingvallavatn and a short hike up to Oxararfoss waterfall.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Geysir, Haukadalur Iceland
The next stop is the Geysir Geothermal Area and it is time to get up close and personal with an erupting hot spring. Located in Haukadalur Valley, which is covered in hot pools, fumaroles and clay pots, we also have two world renowned Geysers – Strokkur and The Great Geysir itself. Geysir is mostly dormant now, but Strokkur erupts about every ten minutes, ejecting boiling hot water up to 40 meters in the air. Geysers are a rare natural phenomenon and a must see here in Iceland.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Gullfoss, White River, Blaskogabyggd 801 Iceland
If one of your to-do-list in Iceland includes seeing a waterfall, you’re in luck – as the last stop of the Golden Circle route is Gullfoss or The Golden Waterfall. Gullfoss is one of the most majestic waterfalls in Iceland and one can easily spend hours upon hours observing its beauty and mesmerising power.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Summer pick up time (1 March until 31 October) is 10:45-11:15Winter pick up time (1 November until end of February) is 1:45-12:15Airports
- Reykjavik Domestic Airport, Reykjavik Iceland
- BSI Bus Terminal
- Bus Stop #1 Ráðhús City Hall, Vonarstræti 10, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
- Bus Stop #2 Tjörnin The Pond, 101, Reykjavík, Iceland
- Bus Stop #3 Lækjargata, Lækjargata 4, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
- Bus stop #4 Miðbakki, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
- Bus stop #5 Harpa, Sculpture & Shore Walk 101, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
- Bus Stop #6 - Safnahúsið The Culture House, Ingólfsstræti 1, 101, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
- Hallgrimskirkja, Hallgrímstorg 1, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
- Bus Stop #9 Snorrabraut, Snorrabraut 24, 101, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
- Bus stop #10 Hlemmur Square, Laugavegur, Reykjavík, Iceland
- Bus stop #11 Austurbær, Snorrabraut 37, Reykjavík, Iceland
- Bus Stop #12 Höfðatorg, Þórunnartún 6, Reykjavík, Iceland
- Bus Stop #13 Rauðarárstígur, Laugavegur 120, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
- Bus Stop #14 - Skúlagata, Klapparstígur 5, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- All our equipment and vehicles are thoroughly washed and sanitized after each use.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.