Afternoon Half-Day Tour of Old Delhi Street Food with a Local Guide
Sample the street food snacks of Old Delhi and visit historic attractions such as the Jama Masjid mosque and Gurudwara temple. End with a rickshaw ride around Old Delhi.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English Speaking Local Guide
- 8-10 Local food tasting
- Bottled water
- Rickshaw ride in Old Delhi
- Hotel Pick & Drop (if option selected)
- Entry/Admission - Chandni Chowk
What's excluded :
- Items of a personal nature, additional food beyond inclusions, tips / gratuities for your guide.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chandni Chowk, Near Red Fort, New Delhi 110006 India
What better way to explore a city than its food! Explore India and its culture and tradition in this amazing food and heritage walk of the glorious city of Old Delhi! You tour will start with your guide picking you up from your hotel and taking you on a metro ride.
After reaching Old Delhi, your first stop will be at Gurudwara Sis Ganj, (Sikh Gurudara with an important historic reference) where you can learn about the community kitchen service!
Begin your food walk with, some sweet jalebis (deep fried sweet dish made by corn flour and sugar syrup) and samosa (fried triangular bread stuffed with potatoes) from a 100 year old shop. Walk ahead with your guide to try Raj Kachori (kind of chat filled with fresh yogurt, sweet and sour sauces in a crispy edible bowl!)
Once you’re done here, get ready to stuff some gorgeous paranthas (Indian flatbread filled with a variety of stuffing’s like cheese, cashews, chilli, and lemon to name a few!), Kulia ki chaat (different fruit bowls filled with chickpeas and masala) and a very unique fruit sandwich.
After this, walk towards the spice market to see the whole world of spices and then fill your belly some more with dishes like rabri-faluda (rice noodles), chole bhatura (chickpeas curry and fried bread) and a chilled glass of Lassi! (Sweetened yogurt)
Finish your gastronomic journey with some chilled and mouth watering kulfi (Indian ice cream with more than 50 flavours) before your guide takes you back and drop at the metro station.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :United Coffee House, E-15, Rajiv Chowk, Block E, Connaught Place, New Delhi, Delhi 110001, India
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Comfortable Walking shoes/Slippers are recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.