Afternoon Old Town and Underground Tour 1:15, 3:15, 5:15
Join us for a darkly entertaining, but family friendly, afternoon jaunt through the Old Town of Edinburgh and one of its famous underground vaults. Let one of our enthusiastic, knowledgeable guides, dressed in period costume, lead you through this historic neighbourhood while sharing some fascinating tales from the more bloody side of Scotland’s past, involving murder, bodysnatching, witchcraft and even cannibalism. For the second half of the tour descend into our exclusive section of underground and explore its intriguing but sinister haunted chambers.
per adult from
What's included :
- A 60-minute long walking tour of the Old Town and Underground vaults.
- Due to an afternoon start and a lighter tone, these tours are suitable for children.
- Led by a guide playing a real individual from Edinburgh’s history and dressed in clothes suitable for that person’s era.
- Visit the South Bridge vaults, find out how they came to be and what may dwell within them
- Walk the labyrinthine, beautiful and wholly unique closes of the Old Town and discover their sometimes tragic but always interesting past.
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: City of Edinburgh Tours, 9 Hunter Square Old Police Box on the Royal Mile, opposite Starbucks next to the Tron Kirk, Edinburgh EH1 1QS Scotland
Edinburgh with the fascinating Old Town and mysterious vaults.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :122 High St, Edinburgh EH1 1SG, UK
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No children under 5.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.