Afternoon Stroll Walking Tour
Brand new tour! Rarotonga has many stories - and many stories about the stories. For those of you interested in learning more about this beautiful island - but not so keen on riding a bicycle - why not come on a walking tour? Come be intrigued and learn more about Rarotonga with a knowledgeable tour guide, on a casual, easy-paced stroll around the Avarua - Tupapa area near town on a quiet Saturday afternoon. This tour would especially appeal to those interested in the history of the Islands. Finish up with a cold drink at a local bar. Suitable for any age.
per adult from
What's included :
- Alcoholic Beverages - Finish the tour with a drink at a local bar, before being dropped off back at your accommodation or where ever you like!
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Taputapuatea, Makea Tinirau Rd, Avarua Cook Islands
An important historical site in Rarotonga. Please note that we do not enter these grounds / premises.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Cook Island Christian Church (CICC), Avarua Cook Islands
Historical and important church and cemetery.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Wreck of the Matai, Avarua Cook Islands
Shipwreck of the SS Matai - visible from our tour start point.
Duration: 2 minutes
Stop At: Beachcomber Pearl Market, Main Road Taputapuatea, Avarua Cook Islands
The Beachcomber building has an interesting history - it was once used as a Sunday School. These days it is home to an arts and craft gallery and shop, as well as a cafe.
Duration: 5 minutes
Departure Point :Avarua Roundabout, Avarua District, Cook Islands
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.