Aix-en-Provence street-market experience fine food & wine of Château Grand Boise
This is an exceptional day's experience if you enjoy fine food and excellent wines. This is the 'bon viveur' tour of the very best of Provence designed for those people who enjoy eating and living well! We begin the day with a visit to the numerous street food markets in Aix-en-Provence, sampling some of the delightful unique regional specialities. Then a leisurely drive towards Rousset stopping for lunch at Le Bistro Grand Boise, time to enjoy a home cooked meal featuring local farm produce with wine. Afterwards browse the shop to discover a diverse range of local produce. Then a short drive to visit the vineyard at Château Grand Boise a wine estate dating back to 1610, which is the date of the earliest title deed discovered. Traditionally family owned, the estate has only changed hands three times throughout its history. Under the influence of its new owner, the recently been renovated - 800 olive trees, 7 acres of vines. End your day wine tasting facing the famous Mt St Victoire.
per adult from
7 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Alcoholic Beverages - Wine tasting at Château Grand Boise & wine with lunch
- Lunch - Wine & Fine Food: Maison Grand Boise A few miles from the estate, Maison Grand Boise is a shop dedicated to selling regional products & high quality delicatessen: a huge space dedicated to gastronomy
- Entry/Admission - Chateau Grand Boise
- Entry/Admission - Hotel de Ville
What's excluded :
- Wine purchased at the cellars of Château Grand Boise - these are sold by the bottle or by the case
- Snacks - You can purchase local produce from the shops and markets we visit.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chateau Grand Boise, Chemin de Grisole, 13530 Trets, France
Vines have been growing at Chateau Grand Boise since 1610. The terroir is perfect for it. The wines comprise rosés, reds and whites with the Cotes de Provence Sainte Victoire appellation. A huge estate of woods and forests on two sides of a mountain, Chateau Grand Boise overlooks the Arc valley. The site has unbeatable and unique views over the whole of the Mount Sainte Victoire, which is one of the jewels in Provence’s crown.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Hotel de Ville, Place de l'Hotel de ville, 13100, Aix-en-Provence France
We visit the street markets in front of the city hall.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Trets, Trets, Bouches-du-Rhone, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Lunch stop is at Le Bistrot Grand Boise - you will have the choice of a three course lunch with wine & coffee at this award winning restaurant owned and run by the Château. There is also a speciality food shop specialising in a range of local Provençal produce.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :1: Renaissance Aix-en-Provence Hotel, 256 Avenue de Pérouse, 13100 Aix-en-Provence, France
2: InterContinental Marseille - Hotel Dieu, 1 Place Daviel, 13002 Marseille, France
Traveler pickup is offered
These are all private tours; so we are happy to coordinate with you a collection from another hotel or villa - just contact us when you reserve. We can meet and collect you from other hotels, guest houses, villas & AirBnB apartments in Avignon, Aix & Marseille.Airports
- Marseille Airport, 13727 Marignane France
- Marseille Cruise terminal
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- IMPORTANT Health & Safety: Your health is our top priority, and we have put special measures in place to keep all guests safe both during and after your activity. Stringent Cleaning - We’ve increased the frequency of disinfecting surfaces and high traffic areas between each tour, and in particular our hired vehicles and hand sanitizer will be available to all of our guests. Social Distancing - Guests will stay at a safe 6-foot distance during all points of the tour. We also ensure that all staff members will be wearing the necessary PPE, if required to do so. The driver of a hired mini-bus will wear a mask as will our driver/guide whilst in the vehicle together. We recommend our guests to do likewise. Wellness Checks - Employees receive daily wellness checks to ensure they are healthy and symptom-free. If you or anyone in your group is experiencing symptoms, we will work directly with you to cancel or reschedule your tour.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Please see special note regarding our full Health & Safety policy
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.