Ajanta and Ellora Caves tour from Aurangabad
Explore the world heritage site of Ajanta & Ellora caves, astonishingly carved into hillside rock in the middle of nowhere are these caves. Both There are 34 caves at Ellora dating from between the 6th and 11th centuries AD, and 29 caves at Ajanta dating back to between the 2nd century BC and 6th century AD. The caves at Ajanta are all Buddhist, while the caves at Ellora are a mixture of Buddhist, Hindu and Jain.
per adult from
6 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only) in private car
- Airport Port pickup and drop-off in private car
- Professional driver in private car
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- local guides
- Monument entry fees
- Entry/Admission - Ajanta Caves
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ajanta Caves Road, Ajanta 431001 India
Early Morning Arrive Aurangabad either by overnight train from Mumbai or by early morning flight, which lands around 6:15 Am, our chauffeur will meet you at the Airport/Railway Station and start your journey to visit Ajanta caves which take 2 hours. Reach Ajanta caves parking area and you will have to travel by shuttle bus from parking area to Ajanta caves entrance point, where you can buy entrance tickets.
Discover Ajanta caves for couple of hours, then come back to the parking area by same shuttle bus, then we move towards Ellora caves and the journey takes another couple of hour. After reaching Ellora caves , explore Ellora caves for 2-3 hours.
The incredible Kailasa Temple (also known as the Kailash Temple), which forms Cave 16 at Ellora, is undoubtedly the most famous attraction. The temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and his sacred abode at Mount Kailash. Its immense size covers twice the area of the Pantheon in Athens, and is one and a half times as high! The life-size elephant sculptures are a highlight.The most incomprehensible thing about the Ajanta and Ellora caves is that they were crafted by hand, with only a hammer and chisel. There are various cave complexes in India, but these are definitely the most spectacular.
Now head to Aurangabad, you will reach by 6 Pm you will be in the city, then our driver will drop you at the Airport or Railway station or if you are going to stay in Aurangabad for the night then our driver will drop you at Hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
All Aurangabad hotels
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- An overnight at Aurangabad can be arranged in a 3 star hotel @ USD 45 Per Room Per Night
- A english speaking local guide can be arranged for the cave visits @ USD 25 Per Person
- Entrance fees are around USD 10 Per Person which tourists can buy at the monuments.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.