Akamas Panorama (short) Walk - (private from Limassol)
Phivos Ioannides, who would be guiding the trip and the walk, is a world traveller with extensive studies, wide business and other experiences. He is involved for many years in the sector of authentic ecotourism in Cyprus and is the author of a relevant guide book (with the title 'Exploring Authentic Cyprus'). He is a Greek Cypriot and specialises on guided walking trips.
Our usual transportation (Citroen C8 MPV) can take upto six adult passengers and a driver. We keep groups small, in order to offer a more personalised service.
Akamas is a jewel of Cyprus nature. The walk is largely along the ridge of the Akamas peninsula. Initially walkers enjoy vistas of Lara coast and consequently of the dramatic ragged north Akamas coast. There is a chapel, a nature monument (huge, old oak) and ruins of a monastery on the route.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Akamas Peninsula, Neo Chorion Cyprus
This customisable walk takes place in the north part of Akamas, a pristine, almost untouched area of Cyprus. There are (at least) two versions. During the cooler season we recommend to do a 12 km long walk from Neo Chorio village (walking initially west) whereas during the hot season we recommend to do a 10 km long walk (from Smiyies picnic site)
From Smiyies the route goes north (and at points offers excellent vistas of the Lara coastline) and ascends to the peak known as "Moutti tis Sotiras" from where one can enjoy unobstructed views of the north coast from Cape Arnaouti, the tip of Akamas, towards Chrysochou Bay and the north-west all the way to Pomos in the north-east.
After a pause for a picnic and to enjoy the majestic views we usually walk to the Baths of Aphrodite on the Aphrodite trail (initially a steep descent, with the last stretch on a coastal dirt road, near the cliff).
As this is a private trip, we can customise it. There are many possibilities to finetune the route and its length.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick travellers from various locations in Limassol, subject to previous agreement. Ports
- Limassol Marina St 3601, Limasol, Cyprus
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- A maximum of six (6) people per booking
- Participants must wear proper walking shoes or sports sandals, wear sun protection, bring water and snacks/food.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Participants must hold relevant insurance.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.