Akerselva River: Meander along it's tranquil leafy banks on a walking audio tour
Whether you take this self-guided GPS audio tour on an early Sunday morning or a busy Tuesday afternoon, you will always experience the area and paths as a break from everyday life - a green and fresh lung that provides you with extra energy and joy of life.
VoiceMap takes you on a tour upstream the river of Akerselva, from the busy downtown by the traffic machines, the Central Station and the Bus Terminal at Vaterland, and about 3 kilometres up to Sagene, where it ends by a cosy café next to a waterfall. The tour takes about 45 minutes, without stop.
While you walk, Lars will tell you the story of Akerselva, and its surrounding areas. Along the way, you'll hear how the river shaped the industrial evolution of Oslo, and how it was brought back from environmental degradation, to become the tranquil, green artery of Oslo.
NB! The tour is wheelchair accessible, but be aware that the path may be steep in some places.
per adult from
45 to 135 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap app for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Smartphone and headphones
- Food and drink
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Akerselva River, Maridalsvannet, Oslo Norway
The route follows the river upsteam.
Stop At: Ankerbrua, Grünerløkka, 0550 Oslo, Norway
The tour starts on the bridge.
Duration: 1 minute
Pass By: Grunerlokka, Oslo Norway
You briefly walk through the neighbourhood on this tour.
Pass By: Honse-Lovisas Hus, Sandakerveien 2, Oslo 473 Norway
The tour ends outside this gallery and cafe space.
Pass By: Aamot Bridge, Oslo 0151 Norway
You cross over the bridge on this tour.
Pass By: Waterfall at Molla, Grunerlokka, Oslo 0150 Norway
You pass by the waterfall on this tour.
Pass By: Street Art at Ingens gate, Ingens gate, Oslo Norway
Along the river, you can see works by internationally known street art artists like Jussi TwoSeven, Julien de Casablanca and Anna Woods, to mention a few.
Pass By: Oslo Spektrum, Sonja Henies Plass 2, Oslo 0185 Norway
The tour passes close by to the Oslo Spektrum
Pass By: Oslo Visitor Centre, Jernbanetorget 1 Inside Ostbanehallen, Oslo 0154 Norway
The tour passes close by to the Oslo Visitor Centre
Pass By: Mathallen Oslo, Vulkan 5, Oslo 0178 Norway
The tour passes close by to the Mathallen Oslo
Departure Point :Vaterland Bridge, Grünerløkka, 0186 Oslo, Norway
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 10/7/2019 - 6/30/2022
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Hønse-Lovisas house, Sandakerveien 2, 0473 Oslo, Norway
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.