Akrotiri Archeological Site Guided Tour
The Akrotiri Excavation Guided Tour will take you on a journey back to the island’s most significant time in history. Along with the licensed guide you will discover all aspects of the prehistoric settlement of Akrotiri where an important civilization thrived and was then destroyed by the massive eruption of 1612 B.C. Wonder around the alleys and the buildings that once housed the Pompeii of the Aegean Sea.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Akrotiri Entrance Fees
- Entry/Admission - Akrotiri Archaeological Site
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Akrotiri Archaeological Site, Akrotiri 84700 Greece
Is one of the most important archaeological sites in Greece. It’s a prehistoric town which was built 2000 BC and which was buried under pumice stones and volcanic ashes during a great volcanic eruption, in 1612-1613BC. The Aegean Pompeii according to the archaeologist.
The prehistoric city of Akrotiri was the center of a brilliant civilization that reached its heyday between 1550-1500 BC. It was inhabited from the Neolithic Age to 1500 BC, when a devastating eruption destroyed everything. The wealth and the quality of houses bear testament to the city’s prosperity and a flourishing way of life. The sophisticated houses were spacious, multistoried, made of stones and mud and they were accordant to the Cycladic architecture.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Notos travel meeting point, Agiou Athanasiou, Thira 847 00, Greece
Traveler pickup is offered
Please write the accommodation name in order to advise you the pick-up point and time.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.