Akumal Monkey Sanctuary
Enjoy a unique experience with environmental education and learn about the animal re-introduction programs. The Akumal Monkey Sanctuary is home to many species. Deer, goats, monkeys, birds, snakes, ostriches, and zebras. 80% of the animals in the reserve have been donated.
During your visit, you will be able to interact with some animal friends while your guide will explain interesting facts about them.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Visit: Out&About Mexico, Av Tulum No 23, Tulum 77760 Mexico
Enjoy the transfer from your hotel to the Akumal Monkey Sanctuary, where you will learn more about the programs for the rescued animals.
As animal protection laws come into effect 2 years ago in Mexico and circuses and other animal attractions are no longer allowed to use animals in their shows, 80% of the animals at the sanctuary were donated.
The zebras are part of a free education program for children. The parrots were pets that had their wings clipped. Maybe the owners did not realize they can live up to 95 years, or that a boa will continue to grow for 30 years.
Its important to bring comfortable shoes because we will walk through the sanctuary.
More than just monkeys, the sanctuary is focused on education, rehabilitation, and reintroduction to the wild.
Departure Point :Out&About Mexico, Av Tulum No 23, Tulum 77760 Mexico
Traveler pickup is offered
Send us your Hotel / Accommodation name and address in order to arrange the transfer service in case you need it, remember is 10 USD extra per person and you will be able to pay at your arrival at the sanctuary.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.