Akureyri Airvan Flight: Iceland Highland Ultimate
Soar above some of the most amazing pearls of the highlands in this 2.5 to 3-hour ultimate tour with a sand-strip landing in the heart of the highlands. Get an astonishing aerial perspective of the Askja caldera, the NASA astronauts´s training grounds and the queen of all Icelandic mountains, Mt Herðubreið. The trip would not be completed without flying above the magnificent Vatnajökull glacier, the largest and most voluminous icecap in Iceland and the largest glacier in Europe. From Vatnajokull we fly over Iceland´s most recent lavafield towards the Askja caldera, where we´ll spend some some time making sure everybody gets a good look and then set a home bound course over the vast lavafield of Odadahraun. This air tour can only be described as the Ultimate Air Tour, since we experience lava fields, waterfalls, calderas, craters and glacier in one trip. Great value and an adventure of a lifetime.
per adult from
140 to 180 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Askja, Reykjahlid, Lake Myvatn Iceland
Askja is a caldera situated in a remote part of the central highlands of Iceland. The name Askja refers to a complex of nested calderas within the surrounding Dyngjufjöll mountains, which rise to 1,510 m (4,954 ft). "Askja" means a recepticle or a box or caldera in Icelandic.
Pass By: Vatnajokull Glacier, Vatnajokull National Park Iceland
The Vatnajokull glacier is Europe´s largest glacier. We pass by the Kverkfjoll mountain range, a site of continuous volcanic activity.
Departure Point :Eyjafjarðarbraut vestri, Akureyri, Iceland
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Akureyri Airport, Akureyri Iceland
- Port of Akureyri
Departure Time :12:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.