Alaska Rainforest Sanctuary & Crab Feast
On this tour, you’ll first get to do an incredible narrated scenic tour on a motor coach up to the Alaska Rainforest Sanctuary. You’ll be able to cross on elevated platforms that give you a greater chance the see the wildlife, so be sure to keep your eyes open for black bears, bald eagles, seals, deer and a huge variety of birds.
If it’s bald eagles you want to see, then you’ll continue your excursion at a stop at the Eagle Sanctuary to see the eagles up close and personal. Then, you’ll get to stop by the carving shed to meet and interact with a native carver to learn how to carve totem poles, and the traditions behind them. To finish off an incredible experience, you’ll get to have some fresh cooked Dungeness crab in an incredibly beautiful lodge setting next to the George Inlet.
Please note: Tour could operate in reverse order. Roundtrip transportation from the cruise ship terminal is included in tour price.
per adult from
What's included :
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- - 20-minute Narrated bus drive from pier to Alaska Rainforest Sanctuary site
- 1.75-hour Guided rainforest walk on trail and boardwalk followed by visit to eagle center, reindeer shed, sawmill, totem poles and gift shop
- 10-minute Scenic drive from Alaska Rainforest Sanctuary site to George Inlet Lodge
- 1.25-hour All you can eat Dungeness Crab Feast (salad and cheesecake combined with meal)
- 30-minute Scenic drive back to pier
**Reverse time if guests eat first.
**This tour is wheelchair and scooter accessible. If guests need assistance, please contact tour operator ahead of time. Guests must be able to take a few steps to transfer onto bus.
This tour does include a meal. One glass of white wine, red wine or Alaskan Amber beer is included in price. Additional glasses of alcohol can be purchased at the lodge. Soda, coffee, tea and water are complimentary. Alternative menu items include Cajun, grilled or lemon peppered chicken for non-seafood eaters. Ravioli with pesto sauce is available for vegetarians.
Rain gear is recommended for days with poor weather.
Departure Point :Berth 2 near the Liquid Sunshine Gauge and "The Rock" statue
Departure Time :2:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Experience Alaska Tours