Albania & Greece in one day from Ohrid
In one day, we will be able to experience a piece of the culture and natural beauty of both Albania and Greece. We will explore Korca in Albania and Kastoria in Greece, two beautiful and very different towns.
Our first stop for the day will be the town of Korca, a small town, that is turning out to be one modern town in Albania, while the traces of communist isolation are still visible. We will be able to visit the Museum of Medival art, with some of the most beautiful preserved Medival objects from the surrounding. After the Korca sightseeing, we will continue our way to Greece in the town of Kastoria. Kastoria lies on the shores of the Orestiada lake, where you can see the most beautiful scenes of pelicans and cormorants swimming around. You can have lunch or a coffee break in some of the restaurants and cafes on the lake shores. We have a chance to visit the Cave of the Dragon on a guided tour. If the weather allows it, we can make the return trip through Galichica National Park.
per adult from
10 to 11 hours
What's included :
- Pick-up and drop off at your hotel or any preferred location in Ohrid
- All transfers with a comfortable A/C car or minivan
- Experienced English-speaking tour guide/driver
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Personal expenses
- Entry/Admission - National Museum of Medieval Art
- Entry/Admission - Kastoria Lake
- Entry/Admission - Cave of Dragon (Spilia tou drakou)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Korca Old Bazaar, Rrugica Piro Lena, Korce 7001 Albania
The old bazaar comprises 138 first category culture monuments. It is also called, the Bazaar of the Serenades, associated with the music which for centuries was composed and sung by people while walking with a guitar on the round cobblestone.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Ngjallja e Krishtit Cathedral, Blv. Republika, Korce Albania
This imposing Orthodox Cathedral was built in 1995 on the foundations of the ruined St. George Church.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: National Museum of Medieval Art, Rr. Sotir Peci No.2, Korce Albania
This museum is a must-see attraction for history and art lovers. The museum consists of a range of religious icons from the 13th and 14th Centuries.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Kastoria Lake, Kastoria 52100 Greece
We will walk on the shores of Orestiada Lake and enjoy the beauty of the local birds. We can enjoy our lunch in one of the local restaurants and taste the local cuisine.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Cave of Dragon (Spilia tou drakou), Souggaridi 2nd km Paralimnias South Bay, Kastoria 521 00 Greece
The inside of the cave is divided into large parts of land and water, both adorned with impressive decoration of stalactites. It is a half an hour tour inside this beautiful cave called The Cave of the Dragon, according to the legend.
Duration: 50 minutes
Departure Point :Ohrid, North Macedonia
Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick you up from your hotel, or any other location of your preference in Ohrid
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- In this tour we are crossing the border with Albania and Greece. You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler;
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour operates in various weather conditions, please dress accordingly
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We are constantly following the WHO recommendations and guidelines and are implementing all the necessary precautions for ensuring the health and safety for our travelers and our staff, as well as all the other people involved in the experience.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.