Alhambra and Nasrid Palaces: Private Tour through the Senses
Skip the long lines for the Alhambra and enjoy a unique private tour. From delicate sensations and feelings, let you guide during a sensory tour, explore items from the daily life of the Nasrid time and touch, smell or taste them to discover the mystery and sensitivity of that era.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Sensory and informative tour led by a Private local guide
- Dicover items from the Nasrid time daily life
- Preventing service Covid-19: Social distancing in the walking tour and bus
- Hand sanitizer
- Single use headsets to hear the tour guide clearly
- Entry/Admission - The Alhambra
- Entry/Admission - Nasrid Palaces
- Entry/Admission - Generalife
- Entry/Admission - Alcazaba
What's excluded :
- Pick-up and drop off
- Lunch or other activities in the city
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Alhambra, Calle Real de la Alhambra, s/n Palacio de Carlos V, 18009 Granada Spain
On a rocky hill that is difficult to access, on the banks of the River Darro, protected by mountains and surrounded by woods, among the oldest quarters in the city, the Alhambra rises up like an imposing castle with reddish tones in its ramparts that prevent the outside world from seeing the delicate beauty they enclose.
Originally designed as a military area, the Alhambra became the residence of royalty and of the court of Granada in the middle of the thirteenth century, after the establishment of the Nasrid kingdom and the construction of the first palace, by the founder king Mohammed ibn Yusuf ben Nasr, better known as Alhamar. The fortress became a citadel with high ramparts and defensive towers, which house two main areas: the military area, or Alcazaba, the barracks of the royal guard, and the medina or court city, the location of the famous Nasrid Palaces and the remains of the houses of noblemen and plebeians who lived there.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Nasrid Palaces, Calle Real De La Alhambra, 18009 Granada Spain
The habitual residence of the kings of Granada, their construction began at the beginning of the 14th century. The Nasrid Palaces are a palatial complex formed by three buildings:
- The Mexuar is the oldest hall. It was employed for meetings between the ministers of the king and as a courtroom.
- Next, we come to the Palace of Comares, which dates back to the era of Yusuf I. This dwelling was erected around the Patio de los Arrayanes (Courtyard of the Myrtles), and its side exits lead to the Sala de los Embajadores (Hall of Ambassadors) and the Sala de la Barca (Hall of the Boat). The Hall of Ambassadors is located inside the Tower of Comares.
- The Palace of the Lions, dating back to the era of Muhammed V, is also a royal residence. It is composed of a central courtyard, the Courtyard of the Lions, and halls along each side, the Hall of the Mocarabes, the Hall of the Kings, the Hall of the Two Sisters, the Hall of the Ajimeces, leading on to the mirador Daraxa viewpoint, and the Hall of the Abencerrajes, along with the Harem
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Generalife Realejo-San Matias, 18009 Granada Spain
The Generalife is composed of a series of large gardens, where every corner holds a novelty and a pleasant surprise for the eyes, with a minimum of obtrusive buildings.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Alcazaba, Calle Real de la Alhambra Conjunto Monumental de la Alhambra y el Generalife, 18009 Granada Spain
The Alcazaba plainly served a military function. The entrance to the Alcazaba was at the foot of the Tower of Homage . At the base of the tower is a slight slope. A simple L-shaped walkway keeps the main gate from being seen from the outside.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Welcome Visitor Center, Paseo de la Sabica, 15, 18009 Granada, Spain
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- On occasion the Alhambra Trust may alter the order of the visit or restrict access to certain areas. In this case, the tour will be adapted accordingly without reducing the visiting time
- Due to the high demand for the Alhambra Palace, if the time slot you have chosen is not available, the supplier will book you onto a new time slot
- Please note: the Alhambra requires that all passengers provide the full name, date of birth and passport details for each participant when booking. If not provided, the Alhambra may deny access to their premises
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 16 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 20 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 11 and 15 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 10 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.