Alice Springs Highlights Half-Day Tour
At the very heart of Australia lies the historic town of Alice Springs - the pioneering gateway to a mysterious land of natural monuments, colorful outback culture and ancient Dreamtime lore. On this half-day afternoon tour you will visit the School of the Air, the Australia's Royal Flying Doctor Service as well as take in spectacular views of the West MacDonnell ranges from Anzac Hill.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Professional, local guide
- Commentary by driver
- Touring by luxury, air-conditioned coach
- Entry to the Telegraph Station, site of the first European settlement in Alice Springs
- Entry at Alice Springs Reptile Centre, home to the largest reptile display in Central Australia
- Entry to School of the Air, the world's largest classroom
- Entry/Admission - Alice Springs School of the Air Experience
- Entry/Admission - Alice Springs Telegraph Station Historical Reserve
- Entry/Admission - Royal Flying Doctor Service Museum
- Entry/Admission - Alice Springs Reptile Centre
What's excluded :
- Food and drink
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Alice Springs School of the Air Experience, Alice Springs School of Air 80 Head St, Alice Springs, Northern Territory 0870 Australia
Hear from your Driver Guide how Alice Springs began as a radio repeater station along the Overland Telegraph Line
• Call into the School of the Air, which provides education to primary school aged children living on remote properties in the Northern Territory
Duration: 55 minutes
Stop At: Alice Springs Telegraph Station Historical Reserve, South Stuart Highway Herbert Heritage Drive, Alice Springs, Northern Territory 0870 Australia
Explore the Telegraph Station, site of the first European settlement in Alice Springs, and learn how it relayed messages between Darwin and Adelaide for 60 years
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Royal Flying Doctor Service Museum, 8 - 10 Stuart Tce, Alice Springs, Northern Territory 0870 Australia
Visit the headquarters of the Royal Flying Doctor Service, which delivers medical services to those who live and work in remote rural Australia.
Duration: 55 minutes
Stop At: Alice Springs Reptile Centre, 9 Stuart Tce, Alice Springs, Northern Territory 0870 Australia
At the Alice Springs Reptile Centre, encounter goannas, frill-neck lizards, and meet Terry the saltwater crocodile!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Anzac Hill Road, Alice Springs, Northern Territory Australia
• Top off your afternoon with a panoramic view over Alice and the surrounding West MacDonnell Ranges, from the top of Anzac Hill
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-ups commence prior to the tour start time. You will be collected from the hotel you have selected in the drop down list during the booking process. Your hotel pick-up time will be displayed on your voucher. If you wish to change your pick-up location from the one selected, you must call the operator at least 24 hrs prior to travel. If your hotel does not appear on the drop down list, the operator does not pick-up from your hotel. Please phone the operator to arrange an alternate pick-up time and location.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Vehicle used is 21 seated coach
- Please note: School of the Air is only open Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays)
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Please bring your own washable face mask and gloves. Should an unexpected situation arise, additional face masks, rubber gloves, antiviral sprays/wipes are available for guest distribution. Group sizes will be continuously reviewed to align with government recommended protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.