All about Cantucci: Factory Museum Visit and Masterclass
Would like to enjoy an authentic Tuscan experience? Immerse yourself in the crunchy and delicious world of Tuscan cookies, visit an historic ‘Cantucci’ factory museum and enjoy a cooking class where you will learn to make these iconic biscuits.
The experience starts at Museo Bottega Mattei in Florence. There you will learn about the origins of the iconic “Cantucci” biscuit and about the history of this family business.
The visit includes also an amazing Tasting session. You will taste a selection of Biscotti di Prato (1 Almond, 1 Chocolate, 1 Pistachio and Almond, 1 Hazelnuts) together with Espresso, Mantovana Cake, Filone Candito and Brutto Buono.
After the visit you will head to your Cesarina’s home to enjoy a classic Italian aperitivo. Then it’s time for the Cooking Class. Learn how to make ‘Cantucci’ biscuits from scratch with your host and discover the secrets of regional Tuscan cuisine.
After the lesson, you will taste your biscuits with local Vin Santo. Just delicious!
per adult from
What's included :
- Guided visit of historic Biscottificio Antonio Mattei (*The visit can be shared with other guests)
- Tasting session: Biscotti di Prato, Espresso, Mantovana Cake, Filone Candito, Brutto Buono.
- Private Cooking Class at a Cesarina's home (learn to prepare “Cantucci” biscuit from scratch)
- Tasting session: enjoy everything you've prepared with Vin Santo, beverages and coffee included
- Italian Aperitivo: Prosecco and nibbles
What's excluded :
- Tuscan gastronomy is about ancient recipes that are passed down by generations. If you would like to get a glimpse of the authentic local cuisine you should enjoy this experience, which brings you to discover a historic Biscuit company and to take a Cooking class at a local’s home.
Departure Point :Museo Bottega Antonio Mattei, Via Porta Rossa, 76/r, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.