All-Inclusive Agafay Desert and Atlas Mountains Day Trip from Marrakesh
Agafay desert, lake of Takerkoust, Kik plateau, walking through berber villages of the Atlas mountains and meet the locals and learn about their culture and their lifestyle, all these are just in one day.
This is an amazing multi activities day trip that each traveler should add to his/her bucket list when visiting Marrakech.
- Breathtaking views guaranteed
- Walk through Berber villages and green fields and meet your soul in the nature.
- Delicious lunch at our family house
- Camel ride experience (flexible if you want to skip it)
- Off road driving through the hills of Agafay (stoney desert)
- Meet the Berbers in their homeland and learn about their culture
- No more cost after purchasing the tour
per adult from
9 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Air-conditioned 4WD
- 3 courses lunch cooked and served by locals
- Mint tea
- Camel ride
- Guided walk
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Personal expanses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: High Atlas Mountains, 40000 Morocco
This is a day trip to the foothills of the Atlas Mountains where you can enjoy trails with arid hills, oasis and valleys. After crossing a forest of eucalyptus, you will discover magnificent Berber villages before joining the closest stoney desert to Marrakech. The landscape of the Agafay desert is covered with rare wild flowers, wheat and barley, but during the summer and autumn months it looks like a real desert with stoney dunes running down the majestic Atlas Mountains. A stop for pictures is a must before heading to the dam of Lalla Takarkoust where you can have a refreshing cup of mint tea.
The excursion had just started, more breathtaking adventures and more amazing diverse landscapes are waiting to be discoverd . Heading up to the Atlas via Kik plateau with a stuning view of the snow-capped mountains, the next direction is to the camel ride point where you can set off for a pleasant half an hour stroll on the camels.
The drive continue deeper into the Atlas mountains and your next distination will be magnificent hidden villages scattred in the middel of the Toubkal National Park. The irresistible lunch cooked and served at our family house, it self, is an unforgottable taste that you are trying for your first time .
After enjoying your three courses meal lunch in the roof top of our family's house, a friendly local guide is going to take you for a walk through the typic hamlets and the green fields of the area before you drive back down to Marrakech via a different road.
On a Saturdays and Tuesdays, we will stop in Asni village or Tahanaout town and take you in a tour through the local weekly market , find your way through the crow of local berbers coming from all the surrounding villages for socialising, exchanging goods and animals and buying fresh vegetables, fruits and all their needs.
Please note that the walk and the camel ride can be skipped if you like (we are very flexible)
Duration: 9 hours
Departure Point :Hôtel Restaurant Café de France, jamaa el-fnna، Rue des Banques, Marrakech 40000, Morocco
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick you up from your accommodation in Marrakesh. But sometimes it's needed to meet in the closest restaurant, popular attraction or car parking to your accommodation and of course we will contact you to agree about the meeting point if it's needed. Please whatsapp us at +212667323097
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confortable walking shoes and warm clothes are required for the winter months
- Vegetarian and vigan options are available
- The tour is very flexible and you can discuss the walking distance and duration with your guide
- This tour suits all the fitness levels
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Agafay is a stoney desert
- No extra costs on the tour
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.