All Inclusive Tribal Village Walk with Visit to Taragram Project from Orchha
Know tribal life up close by visiting the tribal village near Orchha and unique Taragram paper project with personal local guide. Enjoy the service of private chauffeur in a comfortable car.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Personal Local Guide
- Private chauffeur with comfortable car.
- A bottle of water.
- Visit to Tribal Village and Taragram
- Fuel, vehicle tax and parking fee.
- Surcharge and Government taxes.
- Entry/Admission - TARAGRAM Office And TARAGRAM PAPER FACTORY, ORCHHA
What's excluded :
- Tips and Gratuities
- Anything not included in Inclusions.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: TARAGRAM Office And TARAGRAM PAPER FACTORY, ORCHHA, Jhansi, Madhya Pradesh 472246, India
Start the tour after meeting your personal Guide at hotel lobby in Orchha. Drive 4 Kilometres from Orchha to Azadpura in a comfortable air conditioned car driven by private chauffeur to visit Chandra shekher Azad Memorial. A monument built in honour of one of the greatest freedom fighters of all time- Chandrashekhar Azad, this memorial is a true representation of what the revolutionary hero stood for. It also houses a life-size bronze statue of Chandrashekhar Azad.
Visit the tribal village, to see the family houses and lifestyles. See how cow dung and clay is used to cover the ground around the houses to make smooth surfaces. The inside of the houses are bare apart from a line with the clothes strung across, and some bedding; the beds are outside in summer and inside in winter. Cow dung is also used as cooking fuel.
Interact up close to learn clay pot making for water and oil to use and to sell. Pots with a small slit are used as money boxes and have to be smashed to release the money. The clay comes from the Betwa river bank and the wheel was spun on a spike turned by a stick in a groove on the outside.
Visit the school building which has the names of the teachers and the number of pupils painted on the wall, with a chalk area on the wall of a class area. Meals are provided each day which encourages the children to come to school.
Drive to another group of houses in the farms to see fields farmed with wheat, mustard seed etc. See ladies making baskets with palm leaves and bamboo reeds, dyed with natural dyes.
Visit Taragram paper making factory, an NGO. It receives waste from the clothing industry all over India and uses the cotton fibres to make paper. From a pulp it is made into layers of the required thickness and then pressed and dried, rolled to make it thinner, and then cut to size. They make watermarked paper for degree certificates as well as books, photo frames, lampshades, waste bins etc. This NGO provides job to the ladies in tribe to make their life better.
Return back to your hotel in Orchha with happy memories!
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure is from your hotel lobby in Orchha. Please provide the full name and address of hotel while booking.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please dress up modestly to visit families in Village.
- Comfortable walking shoes are advised.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.