Alnwick Castle as Featured in Harry Potter and Scottish Borders Day Trip from Edinburgh
Combine movie magic and historic wonder on this trip through the Scottish Borders and Northumberland. You will visit the picturesque seaside village of Bamburgh and take in the superb views of the 5th century Bamburgh Castle. But it is Alnwick Castle that’s the true star of this show. It’s not only a key filming location for Harry Potter and Downton Abbey; it’s also a historic location of epic conquests and royal splendor. Take this trip and become enthralled by Scottish & English borders regions.
per adult from
9 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board coach
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees to Alnwick Castle (approx £14.50 per person)
- Entry/Admission - Bamburgh Castle
- Entry/Admission - Alnwick Castle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bamburgh Castle Bamburgh, Bamburgh NE69 7DF England
Passing gentle rolling hills and dramatic coastline, we’ll cross the border with England to explore Bamburgh in the heart of Northumberland. The mighty Bamburgh Castle was the seat of the early Kings of Northumbria in the 5th century.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Alnwick Castle, Alnwick NE66 1NQ England
In the afternoon, have your broomsticks at the ready as we’re off to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry! Alnwick Castle is the second largest inhabited castle in England. A long, rich history and magnificent medieval architecture makes it a film lovers’ dream.
Duration: 2 hours 45 minutes
Stop At: Coldstream, Coldstream, Scottish Borders, Scotland
After spending time in Alnwick, we make our way back over the border and in to Scotland. On our drive home we’ll regale you with tales of the turbulent past before arriving into Edinburgh early evening.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Highland Explorer Tours, 60 High St, Edinburgh EH1 1TB, UK
Departure Time :8:15 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Highland Explorer Tours Ltd