Alpine Lakes Tour
Do you like lakes and unspoiled nature? If your answer is yes, then this is certainly a trip for you!
In a day trip you will explore the magical Alpine lakes of Bled and Bohinj and feel the mountainous charms of Slovenia’s Alpine region. A walk around Lake Bled and a ride with traditional “pletna” boat to little Bled Island is the perfect combination to see the beautiful nature and the city. You can admire and explore Bled Castle perched on a cliff above the lake and once on top enjoy a cup of coffee with the most famous dessert in Slovenia “Kremsnita” (vanilla cream cake) or try scrumptious "potica" nut cake. Be amazed by the beauty of Vintgar Gorge where a wooden path will take you along the picturesque gorge with the rushing river Radovna and vertical rocks. In Bohinj you will be surrounded by the high mountains reflecting in Bohinj lake and you will have the chance to explore and feel the relaxed life of small alpine villages such as Ribicev Laz and Ukanc.
This day trip takes you to Lake Bled, one of the most popular tourist attractions in Slovenia. Enjoy the marvellous views of the lake from Bled castle, one of Slovenia’s oldest castles, and from the traditional ‘pletna’ boat, which brings you to the picturesque island on Lake Bled. Not far from Bled is the Pokljuka plateau, covered in amazing forests that are a part of Triglav National Park which stretches all the way to Bohinj Lake, an absolute gem nested in the heart of the Julian Alps. Pokljuka is also famous for its Biathlon Centre, where some of our best athletes train in the winter time. Exploring Bohinj lake you will quickly see why the Slovenians call it the gem of the Julian Alps. The glacial lake Bohinj is considered the most beautiful place in Slovenia. It is the country’s center of eco- tourism and outdoor adventures. It is the largest and most beautiful Alpine lake in Slovenia. Being part of the Triglav national park, Bohinj will impress you with its natural beauty and its serene peacefulness and you will surely vow to return.
You will also visit Bled Vintgar Gorge, deeply carved into the limestone by the Radovna river, which you can follow on a 1.6 km path full of bridges and galleries that show you the truly remarkable landscape of the gorge.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Central Ljubljana or Bled pickup and drop-off
- Comfortable transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional English speaking guide
What's excluded :
- Admission fees, meals and personal expenses.
- Admission options:
- Bled Castle: 13 € per person
- Pletna rowing boat ride to Bled island: 15 € per person
- Savica waterfall: 3 € per person
- Vintgar Gorge (summer season only): 10 € per person
- Entry/Admission - Lake Bled
- Entry/Admission - Vintgar Gorge
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Bled, Gregorchicheva ulica 22, Bled 4260 Slovenia
A trip to Bled, one of Slovenia's top attractions, must be a part of any visit to Slovenia. We visit Lake Bled, the/a world-famous Alpine lake renowned for a medieval castle perched on a cliff above the lake. We visit the museum at Bled castle and enjoy the bird’s eye view of the lake and its island with the Church of the Assumption.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Lake Bohinj, Triglav National Park, Bohinjsko Jezero 4265 Slovenia
The glacial lake Bohinj is considered the most beautiful place in Slovenia. It is the country’s centre of eco tourism and outdoor adventures.
It is the largest and most beautiful Alpine lake in Slovenia. Being part of the Triglav national park, Bohinj will impress you with its natural beauty and its serene peacefulness and you will surely vow to return.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Vintgar Gorge, Podhom 80 Rebr 25a, Zgornje Gorje 4247 Slovenia
Vintgar gorge is deeply carved into the limestone by the Radovna river, which you can follow on a 1.6 km path full of bridges and galleries that show you the truly remarkable landscape of the gorge.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Adora Hotel // pedestrian zone, pick up place is Levstik squareLevstikov trg 5, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Allegro Hotel // Pedestrian zone, pick up place is Levstik square Levstikov trg 5, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Antiq Palace Hotel & Spa // Pedestrian zone, pick up place is French revolution squareTrg francoske revolucije 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Atelier hotel Vošnjakova ulica 8, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Atticus B&B // Closest pickup place: STIC (Slovenian Tourist Information Center), Krekov trg 10 Poljanska cesta 6, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Celica hostel Metelkova ulica 8, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Galleria Hotel // Pedestrian zone, pickup place is Levstik square (Levstikov trg)Levstikov trg 5, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Grand Hotel Union // Pedestrian zone, pickup is in front of uHotel Tavčarjeva ulica 8a, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Lesar Hotel // Pedestrian zone, pickup place is Levstik square Gornji trg 7, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Levstik squareLevstikov trg 5, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Meksiko Hotel Njegoševa cesta 6, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Mrak Hotel Rimska cesta 4, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Slon Best Western Premier Hotel // Limited access with vehicles, pickup place is uHotelMiklošičeva cesta 3, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.STIC (Slovenian Tourist Information Center), Krekov trg 10Krekov trg 10, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Trg Francoske revolucije, at the obeliskTrg francoske revolucije 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Please keep in mind that there are quite a few stairs at the Bled island and Bled castle, but you would do that in a fairly slow pace.
- Small group tour - up to 8 people per van.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Face masks are required during transfer.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.