Alpine Panoramic Hallstatt Day Trip Tour from Vienna incl. Admont Abbey Visit
Discover UNESCO World Heritage–listed treasures in the Austria Alps on this full-day tour from Vienna including Admont Abbey visit. Spin through the UNESCO-listed landscapes of Salzkammergut with a guide, and take in sweeping views over the crystal-clear lakes and soaring Alpine peaks. Admire Baroque architecture at Admont Abbey, learn of Hallstatt’s rich mining heritage during a guided walking tour, and spend a little free time in Gmunden at your leisure. This 13-hour tour includes round-trip travel from Vienna.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup from centrally located Vienna hotels (postcodes 1010 to 1090), if the hotel is stated.
- Admission fee to Admont Abbey
- Walking tour with guide in Hallstatt
- Transport by air-conditioned coach or van with professional guide or driver-guide
- Guided tour during the whole trip with many photo breaks to enjoy fantastic views
- Entry/Admission - Stift Admont
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- No pick up from apartments.
- Hotel drop-off. Tour ends at the Vienna State Opera, Albertinaplatz.
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entry/Admission - Seeschloss Ort
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: 2641 Schottwien, Austria
In one and a half hour we will make a short coffee break at a quality restaurant Landzeit “Country time” on a highway, where you can relax ist comfortable rustic atmosphere and enjoy the first fascinating views over the Alps.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Stift Admont, Kirchplatz 1, Admont 8911 Austria
Visit to the Admont Abbey, one of the oldest monasteries in Austria and home to the world´s largest monastic library in a unique late European Baroque style. Within it are represented various artistic genres (architecture, frescoes, sculptures, manuscripts and printed works) that come together to form an impressive whole. It is a repository of the knowledge gleaned down the centuries.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Hallstatt, Hallstatt, Upper Austria
The highlight of the trip is the unique village of Hallstatt, situated directly on the shores of the lake. Here you can explore the town and discover its remarkable history and culture while enjoying amazing views of the huge mountains rising abruptly from narrow valleys.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Seeschloss Ort, Ort 1, Gmunden 4810 Austria
Depending on the traffic our next stop will be the town of Traunkirchen or Ort Castle both on Lake Traunsee, renowned for its warm climate and fascinating mountain scenery. Admire the view of Ort Castle, which is situated in the middle of the lake, and relax in the peaceful and friendly atmosphere of small towns.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Landzeit Voralpenkreuz, Voralpenkreuz 2, 4642 Sattledt, Austria
Coffee break in a countrylike atmosphere of another quality restaurant Landzeit “Country time” on a highway, where we will make a compulsory 30 minutes stop for our coach according to EU law regulations.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Albertinaplatz, 1010 Wien, Austria
Traveler pickup is offered
Vienna central hotels (postcodes 1010 to 1090)
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant needs a separate seat, however this our is not recommended for infants.
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide in English and Russian.
- Book in advance and get free hotel pick-up (approx. 45 min before departure). For free hotel pick-up advance reservation necessary.
- Please note that you will cover approx. 600 km. by motorway and Alpine roads at this day. It is approx. 8 hours drive with short breaks.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by 7 TRAVEL