Altun Ha & Baboon Sanctuary from Caye Caulker
All Maya Temples are not created equal. Altun Ha is the nearest excavated Maya Temple to Belize City and is probably the most visited by belizean school children from all over the country. Our guides will meet you upon mainland arrival in Belize City before heading off towards the “Old Northern Road” to see this beautiful Maya Temple with wide-open spaces. The temples are easily climbed and are not as tall as Lamanai and Xunantunich.
After trekking an ancient home of the Maya, you’ll head to the tiny village of Bermudian Landing to visit The Community Baboon Sanctuary. Founded in 1985 the aim of the sanctuary was to show farmers in the area that protecting the habitat of the Black Howler Monkey could bring sustainability to the village. Your guide will show you the monkeys up close as they scamper across rope suspensions bridges throughout the village. You won’t miss the howl of this small monkey that sounds like it’s coming from a much bigger animal.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Entrance Fee
- Private Guide
- Entry/Admission - Altun Ha & The Olde Belize River
- Entry/Admission - Community Baboon Sanctuary
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Altun Ha & The Olde Belize River, Belize City Belize
Altun Ha is the nearest excavated Maya Temple to Belize City and is probably the most visited by belizean school children from all over the country. This beautiful Maya Temple whose name means “Rockstone Water” has wide-open spaces.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Community Baboon Sanctuary, Bermudian Landing Opposite Soccer field Belize
Founded in 1985 the aim of the sanctuary was to show farmers in the area that protecting the habitat of the Black Howler Monkey could bring sustainability to the village. Your guide will show you the monkeys up close as they scamper across rope suspensions bridges throughout the village.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Belize City, Belize
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.