Altun Ha & Belize City Tour from Caye Caulker
You’ll enjoy the wide-open spaces and incredible architecture of these ancient historical temples. After trekking an ancient home of the Maya, take a tour of the present-day city that is the heart of Belize.Our guides will meet you upon mainland arrival in Belize City before heading off to Altun Ha, which is the nearest Mayan ruin to the “Old Capital”. Belize City was once the capital of the country, but that changed after Hurricane Hattie when her vulnerability as a seaside city was exposed. The capital was moved inland to Belmopan, but Belize City has remained the Commercial Capital. It is a vibrant, dynamic city that is undergoing modernization to keep up the needs of its people and its growing tourism market. Enjoy some of the remnants of our colonial history, and the landmarks of recent stories that have impacted the changing face of this growing, vibrant city that sits proudly on the Caribbean Sea.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Entrance Fee
- Private Guide
- Entry/Admission - Altun Ha & The Olde Belize River
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Altun Ha & The Olde Belize River, Belize City Belize
Altun Ha is the nearest excavated Maya Temple to Belize City and is probably the most visited by belizean school children from all over the country. This beautiful Maya Temple whose name means “Rockstone Water” has wide-open spaces.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Belize City, Belize City, Belize District
Belize City is a lively mix of historic, colonial, and a modern day thriving society. Its eastern boundary runs along the Caribbean sea which makes tourism a big part of the city’s economy. It is a cruise tourism port city, and boasts two marine terminals from which boats go back and forth between the city and the islands of Belize.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Belize City, Belize
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.