Amalfi Coast Boat and Snorkeling Tour in Small Group | Half-day
You will never see the Amalfi Coast like this! You will discover the Amalfi Coast’s hidden delights and breathtaking views from a typical Amalfitan Gozzo boat, thanks to the comprehensive experience and knowledge of local captains and in a very small group (max 8 participants)!
The route to Positano will take us along Amalfi’s finest beaches as well as close to natural rock arches and into sea caves, giving us the opportunity to admire the old watch towers that dot the entire length of this coast.
We will pause at beaches reachable only by sea and have time to go snorkeling or swimming in crystal-clear waters and into grottos (snorkeling equipment provided by us).
Boat is a 8 meters (27 feet) Amalfi Coast "Gozzo", a very evocative and spacious type of boat original of this area and used from locals since ancient times.
Boat has a little bathroom that can be used in case of necessity during the breaks.
per adult from
What's included :
- Restroom on board
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
- Dry bags, life jackets (on request), wind jackets, hats, floating devices (pool noodles)
- Bottled water
- Soda/Pop - Soft drinks
- Alcoholic Beverages - Beer
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Amalfi, Amalfi, Amalfi Coast, Province of Salerno, Campania
Once everybody has jumped on board and had a little briefing about how we're going to spend the day, we will be ready to set off to the west towards Positano.
The route will take us along Amalfi Coast’s finest beaches as well as close to natural rock arches and into sea caves, giving us the opportunity to admire the old watch towers that dot the entire length of this coast.
We will pause at beaches reachable only by sea and have time to go snorkeling or swimming in crystal-clear waters and into grottoes.
Not too far from the starting point, right after leaving the center of Amalfi, we will get close to the Saint Andrew Grotto, a huge natural sea cave full of stalactites named after the patron saint of Amalfi (Andrea).
Then, once passed Duoglio and Santa Croce beaches, we will stop by the "Arc of Lovers", a natural rock arch created millions of years ago by the erosion of the sea whose shape recalls two elephants in the act of kissing. Up to not too long ago young couples used to get married on the top of it.
A little later we will cruise in front of the ancient fishermen village of Conca dei Marini, passing near the villa of Sophia Loren and seeing the historic hotel “Il Saraceno” located on La Vite Beach.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Conca dei Marini, Conca dei Marini, Amalfi Coast, Province of Salerno, Campania
Conca dei Marini used to be an ancient fishermen village. Here we will have a beautiful view of Furore and Praiano villages and the islands of Li Galli and Capri, together with the well-known Faraglioni Rocks. Further inside this basin we will find the little Runghetiello Grotto and its tiny beach, where we will anchor for a break and to go swimming or snorkeling.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Fiordo di Furore, Via Anna Magnani 1, 84010, Furore Italy
Right after leaving Conca dei Marini village, we will reach then the famous Furore Fjord, the only natural fjord we have in Italy and location of the international diving competition "MarMeeting": every year in July, professional divers from around the world compete by jumping from the top of the bridge which is 28 meters high.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Praiano, Praiano, Amalfi Coast, Province of Salerno, Campania
Navigating little farther onward to the village of Praiano we will be able to have a close look of a bigger sea cave, the Africana Grotto, where the water has a distinctive blue color thanks to the unique refraction of light.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Positano, Positano, Amalfi Coast, Province of Salerno, Campania
Finally we will go round Capo Sottile and continue cruising to Positano, where we will have another break for snorkeling at a beach reachable only by the sea and so not crowded at all: La Porta.
The return trip to Amalfi will give us a different but equally remarkable view of both sea and land.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Cruise & Snorkel Amalfi Coast - Boat Tours, Molo, Darsena, 84011 Amalfi SA, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.