Amazing Gorkha Historical Tour From Kathmandu,Nepal
We bring you the ancient history of Nepal before you. As history tells that the Nepal that you see now was due to a single person “Prithvi Narayan Shah”. He started his journey in Gorkha. On this tour to Gorkha and the history of Gorkha, you will visit the most interesting site of Gorkha which is the Gorkha museum and Gorkha durbar. The museum is a Newari-style palace that has a collection of art, crafts, and historical items with 3.5 hectares of garden. And the next attraction is a palace, fort, and temple all in one. It is the Gorkha Durbar situated at a high point ridge, the view from the durbar is breathtaking. So be sure to pick this amazing Gorkha Historical Tour to know more about Nepal and its history including the culture, art, and architectural integrity.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel Pick up and drop
- Private transportation
- Tour Guide
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Gorkha Museum
- Entry/Admission - Gorakha Nath Temple Gorkha
What's excluded :
- Food and Drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gorkha Museum, Rani Pokhari Maarga Prithvinarayan Municipality, Gorkha 34000 Nepal
Visitors to Nepal often confess they have never heard of the name “Gorkha”. Yet for years, the ancient name for Nepal was “Gorkhana”, reflecting the union of the nation in the 1760s by Gorkha’s King Prithvi Narayan Shah. His conquest of the nation introduced a common language as well as developing a united culture.
The City of Gorkha was his starting point. Situated on a high hill overlooking a fertile green valley is his castle/fortress which afforded the king an expansive view of his surroundings. To the north are the impressive snowcapped Himalayas, with its crown jewel being Mt. Manaslu, the 8th highest mountain in the world. You can get a chance to visit the Gorkha Museum where you can see ancient metals, coins, weapons and late royal families of Gorkha.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Gorakha Nath Temple Gorkha, Gorkha Darbar, Gorkha 44600 Nepal
The morning sun rises over the city of Gorkha. Situated on a high hill overlooking the rivers and fields below, it stands as a sentinel protecting all the eye can see. In ancient times, its kings were the ones to fear. And from their loins came a great king in the 1700s who conquered the entire country of Nepal, thereby keeping it from being a British colony.
The city of Gorkha was the capital for King Prithvi Narayan Shah. A warrior king he, with his sword, united the hundreds of tiny kingdoms that dotted Nepal in the mid-1700s. The king had a vision as well as the courage and leadership skills to assert his dominance over a strong-willed people.
The city of Gorkha is built on the top of a high hill that affords a commanding view of its surroundings in all directions. At the pinnacle is Gorkha Durbar, the great fortress of the king. Here he could wake up and survey his surroundings. To the north are the snow-covered peaks of the Himalayas. Its crown jewel is Mt. Manaslu, rising to an elevation of 8,163 meters (26,781 ft.). Its name means “spirit mountain” and was worshipped by the Tibetans as a god. To the west and south were amazingly fertile valleys which are well watered by fast-flowing mountain rivers.
The Gorkha Historical Tour will take you to the top to see the fortress, palace and holy site that is the pride of the people. You will marvel at how they built such a fortress on land that is so steep. In the city below, walk the flagstone streets. Take time to visit the national museum which will detail the amazing history of Nepal’s mightiest king, who’s family ruled until 2008.
The devastating earthquake of 2015 has affected the Gorkha Durbar and reconstruction is going on.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up all hotel inside ring road include Boudhanath.Please provide us your hotel name in booking, if not see above list.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.