Amber Cove Excursion: Horseback Ride at Rancho Los Cacaos
Enjoy brilliant, hilltop views of the local countryside and sea views on Maimon Bay and the Terminal of Amber Cove. Discover the nature of the Dominican countryside from horseback. You'll learn about the lives of Indian populations in Hispaniola!
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Bottled water
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Use of helmet
- Transport included only inside of Puerto Plata City.
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rancho Los Cacaos, Carretera Puerto Plata - Navarrete km 14, Maimon Dominican Republic
After pickup outside of the Carnival Cruiseline Terminal, Amber Cove, the group will be driven 10 minutes to Rancho Los Cacaos. Here the guides will provide brief instructions and will help you climb onto your horse and make you comfortable and safe. At the beginning the guides will take you to the arena which is just near the main building and where you can practice riding your horse. Then, just let the horses take you for a ride through the farm and discover the countryside. The path starts by the lagoon and continues aligned by palms and fruit trees, and crosses a small stream. Get wild in the jungle for a while.
You can only wonder what is the meaning of the rock painting along the path. The guides will tell you interesting stories about the original population of Hispaniola, also called Tainos. After getting up the hill you will leave your horse for a while so you can walk to the top. Here you will enjoy a beautiful scenery of hilly landscape and take in the breathtaking sea view on Maimon Bay and the Terminal in Amber Cove. Then, you will climb your horse again and return to the ranch. You will take a refreshing break and drive back to your cruise ship.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Tour departs outside of the main gate of the Carnival Cruise Ship Terminal, Amber CoveDates: Tour operates according to cruise ship schedule.Return point: Returns to the original departure pointPorts
- Amber Cove, Maimón, 57000, Dominican Republic
Departure Time :1.5 hours after ship docks
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Short walk is included
- Maximum weight is 124 kg (275 lbs)
- Not recommended for those with back problems or walking disabilities
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.