Amber Grand Hall and Catherine the Great Palace in Tsar's Village Private Tour
St. Petersburg offers much to see and you can find many of its most prominent sights in the city center. However, two must-see sights are located on the outskirts of the city – Catherine's Palace and Peterhof. This specific tour takes you to Catherine's Palace located at Tsarscoe Selo (the Tsars Village).
• Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fully private tour to ensure personalized experience
- Hotel pick up and drop-off
- Professional English-speaking guide assistance. Other languages upon request
- Driver’s services as per the program (Comfortable car/minivan with A/C)
- Entrance fee to Catherine's Palace
- Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
- Entry/Admission - Catherine Palace and Park
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities to guide/driver (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Catherine Palace and Park, Sadovaya St., 7 Tsarskoye Selo, Pushkin, St. Petersburg 196601 Russia
The Palace-and-Park ensemble of Pushkin (Tsarskoye Selo) - a former country residence of Russian emperors - is a fascinating monument of the world's architectural and gardening arts of the XVIII-XX centuries, famous for the splendor of its Baroque interiors, including the stunning Gold suite of rooms and the unique Amber Room, the 8th wonder of the world. Its three parks occupy the area of 600 ha, on which over 100 architectural constructions rise: from magnificent palaces and grand monuments to intimate pavilions and park sculptures. Palaces and park ensembles of the town of Pushkin and its historical centre are included in the UNESCO World Heritage List. The compositional center of the Tsarskoselsky ensemble is Catherine's Palace, containing exquisite decorative objects, furniture, Russian and Western-European paintings, unique collections of porcelain, amber, arms, decorative bronze, sculptures etc. Nowadays, the collection of the museum Tsarskoye Selo numbers about 20,000 items. The Tsarskoselsky Lyceum, an elite school established in Russia in the beginning of the XX century for noble families offspring which the great Russian poet A.S.Pushkin attended, is situated next to the palace. The exposition "Recollections in the Alexander's Palace" is open in the last residence of Russian emperors, architectural chef d'oeuvre of the XVIII century (architect G.Guarenghi). In its 12 halls, with authentic or partially reconstructed attire, artworks like paintings, graphics, decorative and applied art, costumes, personal belongings etc. are represented, related to the life of its crowned owners.
Imagine an entire room covered with panels of amber, glowing and catching the light - no wonder the Amber Room at Tsarskoe Selo was considered to be the Eighth Wonder of the World. King Friedrich Wilhelm I of Prussia presented the room as a diplomatic gift to Peter the Great in 1717. After Peter had admired it while a guest in Charlottenburg, Berlin. The room was first installed in the Winter Palace, but in 1755 Empress Elizabeth ordered Francesco Rastrelli to move it to the Catherine Palace
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure: from your St Petersburg hotelReturn: to your St. Petersburg hotel (or any other place in St. Petersburg that you choose)
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- The tour price already includes all the taxes & fees, you will not see any of them later during the checkout.
- The tour is available daily except Tuesdays
- In rare cases visit to Catherine Palace can be replaced with a visit to Pavlovsk Palace only due to days off and overbooking or you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.