Amsterdam Dutch Beer Discovery With A Local
Join one of our local Amsterdam hosts on a personalized experience of the city’s most famous brew houses. You’ll also visit smaller, unique microbreweries like Oedipus Brewing. Have a pint or two with your host at the historic Olofspoort and discover more about the city’s beer heritage that dates back to the 15th century when monks and nuns were the primary brewers of the golden nectar.
Within 24 hours after booking you'll receive a short questionnaire about your personality and interests. Based on your responses, you'll be assigned a like-minded host. Your host will communicate with you directly to suggest an itinerary to help you discover what makes the city unique. You will also agree on a meeting time and place. Your itinerary is flexible, so during the experience, you can always change your mind about what you want to do.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 100% Private and personalised experience
- 3 hours with a Local Host
- 6 beer tastings and some classic accompanying snacks (carefully selected for you by your host)
- Walking experience (if required, your host can suggest public transport or private taxi options)
- Hotel meet-up (available on request for central location)
- Local savvy and tips
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drinks
- Tickets to any attractions
- Transportation costs
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Brouwerij 't IJ, Funenkade 7, 1018 AL Amsterdam The Netherlands
Join a brew-loving host and explore Amsterdam’s beer scene, discovering your new favorite Dutch tipples along the way - you could, for example, pay a visit to Brouwerij 't IJ, this lively brewery is situated in a former bathhouse, next to De Gooyer windmill
IMPORTANT: As this is a private and personalised experience, the places you visit may differ from those listed and these will be chosen by your host based on your interests and preferences
Pass By: Oedipus Brewing, Gedempt Hamerkanaal 85, 1021 KP Amsterdam The Netherlands
You could choose to visit the city’s most famous brew houses, as well as some of the smaller, unique microbreweries like Oedipus Brewing, which produces 12 different beers, which you can sample while you enjoy live music.
Pass By: In de Olofspoort, Nieuwebrugsteeg 13, 1012 AG Amsterdam The Netherlands
Your host may suggest to stop for a tasting at Olofspoort, one of the oldest pubs in Amsterdam.
Pass By: De Bekeerde Suster, Kloveniersburgwal 6, 1012 CT Amsterdam, Netherlands
Stroll through the back alleyways with your host and find hidden bars, brew houses and local gems like De Bekeerde Susters, an abbey where nuns and monks once brewed beer.
IMPORTANT: As this is a private and personalised experience, the places you visit may differ from those listed and these will be chosen by your host based on your interests and preferences.
Departure Point :Amsterdam, Netherlands
Traveler pickup is offered
Once you have booked your experience, we will be in touch in order to finalise the meeting point details with you. We can arrange pick up from hotels and other locations in the centre of the city. Your meeting point must be confirmed and agreed by the experience planners in advance. This is a walking experience, so your host will meet you on foot
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- City Unscripted and all City Unscripted hosts follow the WHO (World Health Organization) and local government’s health and safety recommendations at all times. To keep up to date with the latest news we recommend visiting these World Health Organization (WHO) website pages.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.