Amsterdam: Follow Rembrandt's Steps, Audio Tour on your phone (no tickets)
Download a self-guided audio tour on your smartphone and set out on a fascinating journey through time to discover the Dutch Golden Age following in the footsteps of one of the greatest artists of all times, Rembrandt Van Rijn!
This tour is designed to cover the streets and neighborhoods where Rembrandt lived, worked and was inspired. It ends in front of the Rembrandthuis Museum where the painter lived a great part of his life and produced some of his masterpieces.
There is no better way to immerse yourself in the beautiful streets and canals of Amsterdam than to explore its gems guided by a fascinating audio tour, specially customized for any art enthusiast who wishes to delve into the life of the iconic painter. Along the way, you will discover many prominent buildings and sites of Amsterdam and you will feel the Dutch Golden Age come alive with every step you take.
per adult from
1 to 2 hours
What's included :
- Self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
- Instructions to access the tour after downloading Clio Muse App
- Offline content with an offline interactive map to avoid roaming charges (after downloading)
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees to the sites
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- App not compatible with Windows Smartphones
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - The Oude Church
- Entry/Admission - In de Waag
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dam Square, Amsterdam The Netherlands
Your tour begins from the famed Dam square, in front of the Royal Palace of Amsterdam, where you will be introduced to the dynamics that fueled the booming development of the city and the so-called Dutch Golden Age painting during the 17th century.
Duration: 7 minutes
Stop At: The Oude Church, Oudekerksplein 23, 1012 GX Amsterdam, Netherlands
You’ll continue your walk toward De Wallen neighborhood, the medieval heart of Amsterdam, home to the lustful red-light district, to marvel at the oldest church of Amsterdam where Rembrandt's children were baptized and the place where his beloved wife Saskia was buried.
Duration: 6 minutes
Stop At: In de Waag, 4 Nieuwmarkt, 1012 CR Amsterdam The Netherlands
As you admire the Waag building, you’ll listen to some interesting stories about the background of Rembrandt's celebrated painting The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp and discover more about the dominant position of the guilds in Amsterdam’s economy.
Duration: 7 minutes
Stop At: Blauwbrug, linking Rembrandtplein and Waterlooplein, Amsterdam The Netherlands
Follow Rembrandt’s rapid rise to a first-rate master painter and his later financial collapse as you move from his one house to the next walking by the places that inspired him, such as the stunning Zuidekerk and the dreamy Blue Bridge.
Duration: 6 minutes
Departure Point :Dam Square, Dam, 1012 Amsterdam, Netherlands
Return Detail :Rembrandt House Museum, Jodenbreestraat 4, 1011 NK Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Please consider that admission fees are not included
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- After booking, you will receive an email through Viator, from our local supplier, Clio Muse Tours with further instructions about your tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Keep in mind that internet access might be unavailable & mobile signal may be weak in the archaeological site. So please download the mobile app and your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit in order to enjoy it offline
- An Android or iOS smartphone is required. (Windows phones are not compatible with the app)
- Please ensure you have enough storage space. (required size for the app & tour: 100-150 MB)
- The audio tour can be used repeatedly both online and offline. Use your headphones to best enjoy it
- Please wear comfortable shoes, sunscreen and a hat during the hot summer months
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 999 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.