Amsterdam: Jewish Cultural Quarter & Gassan Diamonds
Marvel at the beautiful monuments of Amsterdam's old Jewish neighbourhood. Get access to all the sights of the Jewish Cultural Quarter with its exhibitions and discover the various stages of diamond polishing during a guided tour at Gassan Diamonds.
per adult from
What's included :
- Multilingual audio tour at the Jewish Cultural Quarter
- Guided multilingual tour at Gassan Diamonds
- A glass of Champagne during the tour and a brilliant gift afterwards at Gassan Diamonds
- Entry/Admission - Gassan Diamonds BV
What's excluded :
- Guided tour of the Jewish Cultural Quarter
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Joods Historisch Museum, Nieuwe Amstelstraat 1, 1011 PL Amsterdam The Netherlands
Any trip to Amsterdam should include a visit to the Jewish Historical Museum. This museum, housed in four monumental synagogues, offers a unique look at Jewish life in the Netherlands past and present in all its complexity. The museum has a large multimedia collection ranging from paintings to films and from everyday objects to 3D presentations and always offers one or two temporary exhibitions.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Portuguese Synagogue, Mr. Visserplein 3, 1011 RD Amsterdam The Netherlands
In the centre of the Jewish Cultural Quarter stands the magnificent Portuguese Synagogue. The building is still used as a house of worship, but it is also open to the public, and concerts are held there regularly. The 17th-century interior is still fully intact and illuminated by hundreds of candles. The other buildings in the complex include treasure chambers where visitors can admire a unique collection of ceremonial objects made of silver, gold, silk and brocade.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Hollandsche Schouwburg, Plantage Middenlaan 24, 1018 DE Amsterdam The Netherlands
During the Second World War, the occupying forces made Jews assemble in this former theatre. Tens of thousands of people were held here, not knowing what fate awaited them, until they were deported to concentration and extermination camps. The Hollandsche Schouwburg is now a memorial site with a wall of names commemorating the Jewish victims. It also holds an exhibition about the Holocaust in the Netherlands.
(The Hollandsche Schouwburg will be temporarily closed for renovation from 30 June 2020 onward.)
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: JHM Children's Museum, Nieuwe Amstelstraat 1, 1011 PL Amsterdam The Netherlands
Inside the Jewish Historical Museum is another museum, just for children! It is set up as a Jewish family home with six rooms, where children aged 6 to 12 can play games that will teach them about Jewish culture – sometimes seriously and sometimes with humour. Children can bake rolls in the kosher kitchen, learn Hebrew in the study or make music together in the music room.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Gassan Diamonds BV, Nieuwe Uilenburgerstraat 173-175, 1011 LN Amsterdam, Netherlands
Gassan Diamonds, a family-owned company, is located in a formerly steam-driven diamond factory in the center of Amsterdam. Every year more than 400,000 tourists visit the historical diamond factory. During a guided tour, multilingual staff will explain the various stages of diamond polishing. Observe skilled craftsmen at work as they transform the most precious crystal known to man into dazzling ready-to-wear brilliants. After the tour, browse through the extensive jewelry and watch collection in the boutique.
By presenting your Jewish Cultural Quarter combi ticket, you will be served a glass of Champagne during the tour and afterwards, receive a brilliant gift.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Departure Point :1: Gassan Diamonds BV, Nieuwe Uilenburgerstraat 173-175, 1011 LN Amsterdam, Netherlands
2: Jewish Historical museum and Portugese synagogue, Jonas Daniël Meijerplein, 1011 RM Amsterdam, Netherlands
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please note, Amsterdam's Portuguese Synagogue is closed on Saturdays and Jewish holidays. You can check the opening hours here https://jck.nl/en/page/opening-hours
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.