Amsterdam Rembrandt Private Walking Tour with Rijksmuseum
The 17th century is called the 'Golden Age'. The new born Republic of the Netherlands was extremely wealthy and its citizens were very confident. The painting industry was booming. More than 5 million paintings have been made during the Golden Age, more than anywhere else in that period. Some of the painters are now world famous, e.g. Rembrandt, Frans Hals & Vermeer.
We will walk in the footsteps of Rembrandt and see the places where he used to live and work. Some locations have been unchanged since his time and you will learn more about his life in his own environment. We combine the walk with a visit to the world famous Rijksmuseum where you can admire the real work of Rembrandt and his contemporaries! Learn everything about the different painting genres and admire the marvellous paintings of the Dutch masters. The Rijksmuseum is our biggest treasury for art and history. The building is already a piece of art in itself.
Join me on this tour and let the paintings come to life again!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- My services as your private guide
- All Fees and Taxes
- City maps
- Entrance tickets Rijksmuseum
- Entry/Admission - Rijksmuseum
What's excluded :
- Personal Expenses (souvenirs, snacks and beverages)
- Tram tickets for hotel / port pick up (EUR 3 per person)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: In de Waag, 4 Nieuwmarkt, 1012 CR Amsterdam The Netherlands
De Waag an old weigh house where Dr. Tulp held his anatomy lessons. Rembrandt's The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp depicts a rare occasion of a public dissection in Amsterdam in 1632.
Pass By: Old Center, Old Center, Amsterdam, North Holland Province
The Old Centre of Amsterdam was home to a rich elite of merchant families. Rembrandt painted several members of the ruling class in the 17th century. The wealth literally shines in their portraits by Rembrandt.
Pass By: Museum Het Rembrandthuis (Rembrandt House), Jodenbreestraat 4, 1011 NK Amsterdam The Netherlands
The Rembrandt House is a historic house and art museum in the old centre of Amsterdam. Rembrandt van Rijn lived and worked in the house between 1639 and 1656.
Pass By: Nieuwe Spiegelstraat, Amsterdam The Netherlands
The Nieuwe Spiegelstraat leads up to the Rijksmuseum and is the heart of the art and antique quarter of Amsterdam. The Nieuwe Spiegelstraat crosses the three major canals of the Canal district of Amsterdam.
Stop At: Rijksmuseum, Museumstraat 1, 1071 XX Amsterdam The Netherlands
The Rijksmuseum is THE museum for art and history in the Netherlands. Discover the highlights of this beautiful museum which had been closed for renovations from 2003 - 2013.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Stationsplein 10, 1012 AB Amsterdam, Netherlands
Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Passenger terminal amsterdam, Piet Heinkade, 1019 BR Amsterdam, Netherlands
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Rijksmuseum, Museumstraat 1, 1071 XX Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.