An audio tour of Historic Krakow: Ancient kings and fire-breathing dragons
Delve into Krakow's medieval past on this self guided audio tour, with tales of ancient kings and fire-breathing dragons, on this tour of the historic old town and castle. You’ll hear how Krakow was transformed into a royal city – and Poland’s capital until 1596 – after starting out as a humble merchant town.
Our walk starts in the city’s medieval market square and ends just outside Wawel Castle, the first ever UNESCO World Heritage Site. (Krakow’s whole old town was the first city in Europe to be given UNESCO World Heritage status too.)
Some of the highlights you can look forward to include:
• The story of St. Mary's trumpeter
• Krakow's legendary fire-breathing dragon
• A walk around Wawel Castle and the Royal Palace which are open from 10am to 6pm
• Stories about St. Mary's Basilica and the Wawel Cathedral
• The Kraków Barbican, a medieval fortress
• A short visit to the Bishop's Palace, the former home of Pope John II
per adult from
120 to 135 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: St Mary's Basilica, Plac Mariacki 5, Krakow 31-042 Poland
The tour starts at St Mary's Basilica.
Pass By: Slowacki Theatre, pl. Sw. Ducha 1, Krakow 31-023 Poland
The tour stops briefly outside the Slowacki Theatre.
Pass By: St. Florian's Gate, Pijarska St., Krakow 30-001 Poland
The tour passes by Saint Florian's Gate.
Pass By: Rynek Underground, Rynek Glowny 1, Krakow Poland
The tour passes by the Rynek Underground.
Pass By: Town Hall Tower, Rynek Główny 1, 30-001 Kraków, Poland
The tour passes by the Town Hall Tower.
Pass By: Jagiellonian University - Collegium Juridicum, Grodzka 53, Krakow Poland
The tour passes by Jagiellonian University.
Pass By: Collegium Novum, Golebia 24, Krakow Poland
The tour passes by the Collegium Novum.
Pass By: Bishop's Palace, Pałac Biskupi w Krakowie, 31-004 Kraków, Poland
The tour passes by the Bishop's Palace.
Pass By: Church of Saints Peter and Paul, Benedyktyńska 37, 30-398 Kraków, Poland
The tour stops briefly at Church of Saints Peter & Paul.
Pass By: Wawel Royal Castle, Wawel 5, Krakow 31-001 Poland
The tour passes by Wawel Castle.
Pass By: Wawel Cathedral, Wawel 3, Krakow 31-001 Poland
The tour passes by Wawel Cathedral.
Pass By: Senatorska Tower, Kraków, Poland
The tour passes by Senatorska Tower.
Pass By: Baszta Sandomierska - Sandomierska Tower, Wawel, Krakow Poland
The tour passes by Sandomierska Tower.
Pass By: Monument of the Wawel Dragon, Bulwar Czerwienski, Krakow Poland
The tour ends at Smok Wawelski.
Departure Point :St. Mary's Basilica, plac Mariacki 5, 31-042 Kraków, Poland
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/10/2020 - 10/20/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Smok Wawelski, Stare Miasto, Kraków, Poland
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.