An Authentic Evening In Lisbon: Listening To Fado With Local Host
A personalised experience listening to fado in Lisbon with a Local Host. Fado is Portugal's traditional and soulful folk music, and singing and listening to it is a passion shared by all the locals in the city. Born in the oldest quarter of the city - Mouraria -, fado is truly part of Lisbon's soul, so there's nowhere better than this neighbourhood (or neighbouring Alfama) to hear it. Do like the locals do and spend the evening at a casa de fado where you can enjoy a traditional meal during a fado dinner show. Or if you prefer, head to a tiny tavern tucked away down a side street to listen to this mournful music, stopping at a neighbourhood restaurant along the way. With a Local Host by your side to guide you, discover the bars where Lisboetas really go to hear fado and listen to the best in the city.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private and personalised experience
- 4 hours with a host
- 2 course dinner and 1 drink
- Hearing fado live
- Walking experience (if required, your host can suggest public transport or private taxi options)
- Hotel meet-up (available on request for central location)
What's excluded :
- What's Not Included
- Food and drinks
- Tickets to any attractions
- Transportation costs
- What You'll Do
Begin your evening in historic Alfama or Mouraria, the characteristic neighbourhoods in the medieval quarter of the city where this traditional folk music was born and enjoy an evening of music and delicious food at a spot that's loved by locals!
Head to one of Lisbon's most famous casa de fados, where you can hear professional fado singers sing this hauntingly beautiful music while you enjoy dinner. Or, if you'd prefer to really get off the beaten path, visit one of the area's tiny taverns which have been around for decades where locals play for one another for a truly authentic experience after you've enjoyed dinner at a nearby restaurant.
Your Local Host will take you to spots which you wouldn't find in a guidebook, where the locals really go to play fado themselves or sip the local cherry liqueur while they listen to others in the neighbourhood sing.
Spend time getting to know your Local Host, who will be able to recommend other spots to taste the best local dishes and regional specialities, as well as share with you other bars in the city you could visit to listen to fado on another night as well as giving you recommendations for the rest of your stay in Lisbon.
What To Expect
* Join a Local Host for an evening listening to fado, the traditional Portuguese folk music and enjoying some authentic local food
* Head to a casa de fado, where you can enjoy a meal during a fado show
* Or, if you'd prefer, let your local recommend an authentic neighbourhood restaurant and head to a tiny tavern afterwards to listen to fado, in true local style!
* Discover where the best fado bars in the city are, that you won't find in a guidebook
* Hear this beautiful music in the historic neighbourhood that it was born in
Departure Point :Lisbon, Portugal
Traveler pickup is offered
Once you have booked your experience, we will be in touch in order to finalise the meeting point details with you. We can arrange pick up from hotels and other locations in the centre of the city. Your meeting point must be confirmed and agreed by the experience planners in advance. This is a walking experience, so your host will meet you on foot
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 4/10/2019 - 12/31/2023
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- After booking, you will receive a short questionnaire, so you’ll be able to tell us more about your interests and preferences. Based on your responses you’ll be matched with a like-minded Local Host
- Meeting Point
- Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- City Unscripted and all City Unscripted hosts follow the WHO (World Health Organization) and local government’s health and safety recommendations at all times. To keep up to date with the latest news we recommend visiting these World Health Organization (WHO) website pages.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.