An enlightened encounter in Mandalay
An integral part of well-being in Myanmar is its connection with Buddhism. With Mandalay taking an important place in the country’s deeply rooted sense of belief and religious belonging visitors are guided deep into the epicentre of spiritual wellness.
• Admire early-morning rituals at a leading pagoda
• Gain a deeper understanding of Buddhism in Myanmar
• Take part in an authentic Soon ceremony at a nunnery
• See the awe and splendour of Sagaing’s spiritual landscape
• Enjoy a local lunch at a well-chosen restaurant
per adult from
14 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver.
- All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Lunch at a local restaurant (food only)
- Entry/Admission - Monastery
- Entry/Admission - U Min Thonze Caves
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Compulsory Christmas, country-specific festival and/or New Year dinner at included hotels
- Single supplement charges for single travellers, where applicable
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mahamuni Pagoda, Mandalay Myanmar
After a very early morning call, your English-speaking guide will welcome you before heading out to the Mahamuni Pagoda. Said to rival Shwedagon Pagoda in Yangon in terms of religious importance, Mandalay’s Mahamuni Pagoda is a blissful example of the importance of Buddhism in the country. Every morning, at around 4:30 am, monks wash and clean the Buddha images which remains often hidden from the naked eye and is a unique means to get first-hand experience of what life as monk entails.
Breakfast will be served at your hotel where you quickly have the chance to freshen up before heading towards Sagaing.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kaunghmudaw Pagoda, North West Sagaing, Sagaing Myanmar
Visits to the 46-metre high shrine of the Kaunghmudaw Pagoda, an almost mirror image of a revered Sri Lankan temple, the Kaunghmudaw Pagoda in Sagaing bears the same spiritual importance for Buddhist faithful in Myanmar, the wooden structure of the Ariya Wuntha Monastery and the cave temple of Tilawkaguru, constructed in the 17th century, are merely seen as a warm up for a Soon-giving ceremony at the Setkya Dita Nunnery.
The act of almsgiving – or Soon – is a spiritual-enriching morning practice. It is here where nuns receive their last meal for the day from local worshippers while in return bless the person for its kind deed.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Monastery, Unnamed Road, Myanmar (Burma)
Lunch will be served at a local restaurant in Sagaing before we make our way to the Mya Setkya Monastery where your guide will explain the importance of monasteries for educational purposes.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: U Min Thonze Caves, Sagaing Hills, Sagaing Myanmar
With the day coming to an end, and seeing the magnificence of the Umin Thonze Pagoda and the Soon U Ponya Shin Pagoda on our final trail towards Sagaing Hill for panoramic views and its sunset, it is time to head back to Mandalay and your booked hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Mandalay hotels. Transfer outside these areas, supplements apply.
Departure Time :4:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply.
- Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Sagaing, Amarapura, Monywa, Pyin Oo Lwin, river cruise ports and Mandalay’s International airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant.
- To respect local customs and respecting the religious sites and temples on this tour, it is customary for guests to take off their shoes before allowed entrance. Your guide will inform you in advance for which of these sites this is applicable.
- During this tour, we will enter religious sites where a dress code may be applicable. Please dress respectfully by wearing clothing that cover the knees and shoulders, avoid wearing clothing with obscene prints or pictures. Failure to comply may result in denying access into these sites.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.