Anchorage Aurora Quest - Northern Lights Photo Tour
This is the longest-running northern lights photo tour in the Anchorage area. Highlighted by Iceland Air's Stopover magazine as one of Anchorage's "Hidden Hot Spots" in its Spring 2019 issue (page 64), this tour is designed to maximize fun and opportunity with the aurora borealis.
We provide a free 3-day forecast service that includes both the aurora borealis and weather forecast. This tour increases your chance of aurora viewing success by allowing you to reserve as many nights as you like [space available] and only finalizing payment 48 hours in advance under the Reserve Now & Pay Later system. We pick you up at your accommodations and take you on a nocturnal adventure to witness the magical lights rippling over snowy peaks and dancing across dark waters. It's a great option for business travelers to Alaska during August to early May. This tour accommodates serious photographers to sightseers. Photographic instruction and aurora portraits are provided for those who desire.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Private transportation
- Parking Fees
- State park admission fees
- Professional photographer guide
- Entry/Admission - Chugach State Park
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chugach State Park, Mile 115 Seward Highway, Girdwood, Anchorage, AK 99587
One potential stop during this tour is the Glen Alps trailhead, were we will walk on a short trail to an overlook of the city and a wide view to the north.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Eagle River, Eagle River, Anchorage, Alaska
A possible stop along the tour is the Mt. Baldy trailhead, which provides high elevation, expansive views of the north.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Palmer, Palmer, Alaska
We will spend most of our time in the area of Palmer, visiting locations from the Knik River to Hatcher Pass Management Area.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Visit Anchorage Log Cabin Visitor Information Center, 546 W 4th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Timing of pick up will depend upon how many travelers are on the tour that evening. A schedule is sent out the day of the tour with times and locations for pick up. The last pick up location is always at the start time of the tour.
Departure Time :10:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for small children
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Cloth face masks required for staff and guests when social distancing not possible (i.e., inside the tour van), but not out in open areas when social distancing is possible.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.