Anchorage City Tour w/ Taste of Wild Smoked Salmon & Reindeer Sausage
Explore Anchorage with a professional guide to discover the history and heritage of Alaska's largest city. Take in the view from Ship Creek and Point Woronzof, browse the goodies at Alaska Wild Berry Products and the knives at the ULU Factory, and admire native art at the ANMC. What stands out most about this tour is you will have the opportunity to taste reindeer sausage, smoked salmon and smoked halibut. You will get to see most of Anchorage’s popular sites in town including Alaska Wild Berry Products, Ship Creek, Earthquake Park, Point Woronzof, University of Alaska, the Ulu Factory, even the Alaska Native Hospital where you will see one of Alaska’s largest collection of Native Art. The gift shop houses local hand made authentic Native art and the price is right. They only mark items up by 20 percent as opposed to gift shops elsewhere that usually double the price. All proceeds go for scholarships and emergency medical assistance. It also helps keep the culture thriving.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Your Anchorage exploration starts with easy pickup from your hotel in town. Chat with your guide about Alaska's rich cultural heritage and natural history as you make your way to Ship Creek, where you can watch salmon running upstream. Hear about the devastating quake that changed the face of Anchorage as you pass by Earthquake Park, and watch seaplanes coming and going on Lake Hood.
Follow your nose to Alaska Wild Berry Products, home to a sweetly spectacular 20-foot (6-m) chocolate waterfall made with more than 3,000 pounds (1,360 kg) of cocoa-infused goodness. Pick up some treats from the store before making your way to the Alaska Native Medical Center, a hospital that displays one of Alaska's largest collections of native art. Admire the masks, totems, and artwork on display and be sure to check out the gift shop.
A taste of Alaska will be had by all who choose. We will make a stop at Alaska Sausage and Seafood where they will bring out samples so you can sample flavors of Alaska. After, if you choose to buy they have non-perishable items that pack real well in your suitcase that you do not need to refrigerate until you open. For refrigerated items they sell you a freezer sleeve with jell packs that will keep items cold and last for 36 hours. Many guest buy this option to bring back to their hotel fridge and repack later for the flight home. Note: Alaska Sausage and Seafood is not open on Sunday and will not be a tour stop.
Next, visit the ULU Factory, where you can see traditional knives being made and watch a demonstration on how to use an ULU knife and cutting bowls. Your final stop is at Point Woronzof, a stunning viewpoint that offers up vistas of Anchorage's city skyline, the waters of Cook Inlet, and, on a clear day, the distant, glacier-capped peak of Denali. See if you can spot beluga whales, moose, and bald eagles. At the end of your tour, you can opt to go back at your hotel, have your guide drop you at a restaurant or attraction in town, or even rent fishing poles to keep enjoying the great outdoors on your own.
Departure Point :546 W 4th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501, USA
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.