Ancient Chacchoben Mayan Ruins & Mayan Experience from Costa Maya
As soon as your cruiseship arrives to Costa Maya Port, travel through history in a guided tour through at the Mayan Ruins of Chacchoben to later interact with Mayan descendants at the village of the same name.
Witness the daily life of the heirs of this great culture as you interact with your hosts and a local family that will make this experience unforgettable.They will teach you from the ingredients of the classic tortillas to ancient remedies.
In this tour, you will try traditional dishes prepared with ancestral techniques that have been inherited from generation to generation with local products and fresh produce that will impress the authentic Mayan flavor of this exquisite food.
The highlight of this experience is a tasty lunch cooked with local spices and fresh ingredients specially for the occasion.
We recommend this tour if you want to learn more about Costa Maya local culture and you are history lover like us.
per adult from
5 hours 50 minutes
What's included :
- Certified Guided Tour at Chaccoben Mayan Ruins
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- A visit to a Mayan Village with a local Mayan Family host
- Tortilla cooking demonstration
- Lunch - Authentic Mayan dishes cooked with local ingredients mainly vegetables and may include poultry or meat. If you have any specific food requirements please let us know ahead.
- Entry/Admission - Zona Arqueologica De Chaachoben
What's excluded :
- $5.00 USD fee for the use of cameras at the Mayan City. This fee is paid directly at site
- The use of tripods and drones are prohibited at Ancient Mayan City of Chacchoben
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Zona Arqueologica De Chaachoben, Chacchoben Mexico
Visit one of the least explored archaeological sites of the Mayan Culture in the heart of the jungle.
Start your adventure in one of the least explored archeological sites in the Maya Zone that date back to 200 BC. and let yourself be surprised by the incredible monuments, flora and fauna that the jungle has to offer you.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Chacchoben, Chacchoben, Yucatan Peninsula
We will visit the Maya villa of Chacchoben, the same name and ancestors of the ancient Mayan city.
In this visit, witness the daily life of the heirs of this great culture as you interact with your host and his family, they will teach you from the ingredients of the classic tortillas to home remedies for some bites of the endemic fauna.
A family visit could not be complete without a meal. In this tour, you will try traditional dishes prepared with ancestral techniques that have been passed down from generation to generation, with local products and fresh produce that will impress the authentic Mayan flavor.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Avenida Paseo del Puerto, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 3/4/2020 - 10/23/2021
Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 120 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.