Ancient Corinth & Nemea, Caves of Wonder, Great Lunch & Drinks, Private Day Tour
A unique experience of Unesco sites, off the beaten path locations, and real Greek food & drink, all carefully included in this PRIVATE day tour from Athens or Nafplio. You should expect authentic food and personalized service from your dedicated tour leader/driver. You will be visiting some well-known sites in a winery area but also some areas that only locals do.
• 1st stop at the Corinth canal that separates the Mythical Peloponnese from the mainland.
• Then, the Ancient Corinth site well-known from the letters of Saint Paul in the New Testament.
• Kapsia caves: At the heart of the Peloponnese, with its amazing colors and beautiful stalactites/stalagmites.
• Lunch & drinks! An important part of this tour and your tour leader will treat you to the best.
• Finally, to ancient Nemea site famous for the Games & Hercules 1st labor, the Nemean Lion. Great, peaceful site!
Optionally: Wine tasting in one of the many wineries of the most famous wine area in Greece, Nemea!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Non smoking driver/tour leader, and private vehicle for a maximum of 8 RELATED only people
- Great lunch with & drinks with no fixed menu
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- In car information booklet & bottled water
- Optional: Vegetarian lunch can be arranged in most cases. Please let us know in advance.
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees at sites and museums per person: Kapsa Cave: €4, Ancient Corinth: €8, Nemea: €6)
- Professional guide to the sites (can be arranged)
- Wine tasting and Acrocorinth.
- Tourist stops to souvenir shops, etc
- Pickup and drop-off in areas outside of Athens (possible additional cost)
- Gratuites (optional)
- Entry/Admission - Ancient Corinth (Archaia Korinthos)
- Entry/Admission - Kapsia Cave
- Entry/Admission - Cooperative Winery of Nemea
- Entry/Admission - Ancient Nemea
- Entry/Admission - Acrocorinth
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Corinth Canal, Isthmia, Loutraki 201 00 Greece
The Corinth Canal connects the Gulf of Corinth with the Saronic Gulf in the Aegean Sea. It cuts through the narrow Isthmus of Corinth and separates the Peloponnese from the Greek mainland, arguably making the peninsula an island.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Ancient Corinth (Archaia Korinthos), Argous 105 Ancient Korinthos village, Corinth 200 07 Greece
Ancient Corinth was inhabited in the Neolithic period (6500-3250 BC) but the big prosperity begins in the 8th century.
Corinth was a city-state on the Isthmus (canal) of Corinth, the narrow stretch of land that joins the Peloponnese to the mainland of Greece, roughly halfway between Athens and Sparta.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kapsia Cave, Mantinia 221 00, Greece
Visit the Chambers of Wonder of the Kapsia cave which is one of the 10 most impressive caves in Greece and ranks among the top 100 that have been deemed suitable for exploitation from a total of approximately 7500 nationwide.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cooperative Winery of Nemea, 130 Papakonstantinou Av., Nemea 205 00 Greece
OPTIONAL: wine tasting and visit to one of the many wineries in the region of the tour. The Nemea area of the Peloponnese is the most famous wine area of Greece. Approximate cost of 12-15 EUR/person.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Nemea, Nemea, Corinthia Region, Peloponnese
Lunch & drinks! An important part of all our tours!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Agia Fotini Mantineias Church, Mantineia 220 05 Greece
OPTIONAL: A Paradoxical church at a great location opposite ancient Mantinia
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Ancient Nemea, Nemea 205 00 Greece
Positioted 31km southwest of Corinth, Ancient Nemea was once the venue for the biennial Nemean Games, held in honour of Zeus. Three original columns of the imposing 4th-century-BC Doric Temple of Zeus survive, and the on-site museum displays rich finds from the area. The stadium where the Games were held is nearby; once connected to the sanctuary by a sacred road, it plays host to the resurrected Games.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Acrocorinth, Corinth 200 07, Greece
OPTIONAL: Acrocorinth, "Upper Corinth", the acropolis of ancient Corinth, is a monolithic rock overseeing the ancient city of Corinth. It is the most impressive of the acropolis of mainland Greece. With its secure water supply, Acrocorinth's fortress was repeatedly used as a last line of defense in southern Greece because it commanded the Isthmus of Corinth, repelling foes from entry by land into the Peloponnese peninsula.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Any Athens hotel or Airbnb, the Athens airport, Piraeus and Nafplio port. Possible extra cost for some locations.Airports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- As this is a private tour, you will have the opportunity to discuss and customize your schedule
- Bookings are only for private touring and groups of one to eight related people - Children under 18 years must be accompanied by an adult
- Each adult traveler is allowed a maximum of one small carry on bag
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- PROTOCOLS are in place while COVID-19 effects the world. We care about health! We expect you to be healthy before traveling!
- OUR PERSONAL view: We implement all the protocols of the local authorities but most of all we use common logic and flexibility to adjust to each situation. Most of all, we are in favor of "adjustive social distancing" exploring safely in the open avoiding the crowds. We can still be social while maintaining our personal space/distance and following the local rules.
- OUR GUIDES are like family to us: They care about our safety A LOT! Our tours have always been PRIVATE and personalized to your needs! We are in the open, exploring with spotless cars, sites with natural “social distancing,” non-touristy hotels & tavernas, local people & communities with almost “zero” cases!
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Please carry your own masks with you, and be prepared to use them when required or when you feel that will provide you with extra safety.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.