Ancient Corinth Private Half Day Tour
The private half-day tour to Corinth Canal - Ancient Corinth and Acrocorinthos is a tour in Greece, that gives you the chance to visit one of the most important cities located relatively close to Athens.It is a private tour that lasts approximately 6 - 7 hours and will allow you to spend some time in one of the most unique sites in Greece, that combines the beauty of the scenery with its historical importance for Christianity and Ancient Greece.After the visit to the ancient Corinth, you will visit the Fortress of Acrocorinth.Once we finish the tour to the Fortress, we will continue to an old fishing village and you will enjoy a delicious 4 course meal in a seafront restaurant.
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Brand new luxury vehicles with WiFi - A/C and chilled mineral water for...
- A 3-course meal in a seafront restaurant
- Free Residence/Hotel pick up and return
- Professional English speaking experienced Tour driver
What's excluded :
- Licensed Guide. Available on request.
- All entrance fees to the sites
- Your tour driver can not escort you into the sites
- Entry/Admission - Ancient Corinth (Archaia Korinthos)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Corinth Canal, Isthmia, Corinth 201 00 Greece
The Corinth Canal connects the Gulf of Corinth with the Saronic Gulf in the Aegean Sea. It cuts through the narrow Isthmus of Corinth and separates the Peloponnese from the Greek mainland, arguably making the peninsula an island. The canal was dug through the Isthmus at sea level and has no locks. It is 6.4 kilometres (4 mi) in length and only 21.4 metres (70 ft) wide at its base, making it impassable for most modern ships. Nowadays it has little economic importance and is mainly a tourist attraction.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Ancient Corinth (Archaia Korinthos), Ancient Korinthos village, Corinth Greece
Corinth was a city-state on the Isthmus of Corinth, the narrow stretch of land that joins the Peloponnese to the mainland of Greece, roughly halfway between Athens and Sparta.Since 1896, systematic archaeological investigations of the Corinth Excavations by the American School of Classical Studies at Athens have revealed large parts of the ancient city, and recent excavations conducted by the Greek Ministry of Culture have brought to light important new facets of antiquity.
For Christians, Corinth is well known from the two letters of Saint Paul in the New Testament, First and Second Corinthians. Corinth is also mentioned in the Acts of the Apostles as part of the Paul the Apostle's missionary travels.Ancient Corinth was one of the largest and most important cities of Greece, with a population of 90,000 in 400 BC.The Romans demolished Corinth in 146 BC, built a new city in its place in 44 BC, and later made it the provincial capital of Greece.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Akrokorinthos, Corinth 200 07 Greece
Acrocorinth, "Upper Corinth", the acropolis of ancient Corinth, is a monolithic rock overseeing the ancient city of Corinth, Greece. In the estimation of George Forrest, “It is the most impressive of the acropoleis of mainland Greece.With its secure water supply, Acrocorinth's fortress was repeatedly used as a last line of defense in southern Greece because it commanded the Isthmus of Corinth, repelling foes from entry by land into the Peloponnese peninsula. Currently, it is one of the most important medieval castle sites of Greece.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from ANY hotel and airbnb in Athens and Piraeus.Airports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Our Health & Safety Measures: All our Tours are private so you will never mix with another group. Our vehicles are thoroughly cleaned after each tour, equipped with face-masks, hand sanitizer, & seats next to your driver remain free.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.