Ancient Macedonia tour (Pella & Vergina) from Skopje
We will discover two of the most important archaeological sites related to the ancient Macedonian kingdom, departing from Skopje. We will visit Pella, the birthplace of Alexander the Great, and the historical capital of the ancient kingdom of Macedon. The other destination of this journey is Vergina, the place where the untouched tomb of the Macedonian King Philip II of Macedon (Alexander the Great’s father), was discovered.
per adult from
12 to 13 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All transfers with a comfortable A/C car or minivan
- Experienced English-speaking guide/driver for the tour
- Pick-up and drop-off at your preferred location in Skopje
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees (Pella Archaeological Museum – 8 €; Museum of Royal Tombs in Aigai – 12)
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Site at Pella
- Entry/Admission - Museum of the Royal Tombs of Aigai (Vergina)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Archaeological Site at Pella, 39 km west of Thessaloniki Greece
We will arrive in Pella, the birthplace of Alexander the Great, and the historical capital of the ancient kingdom of Macedon. We will visit the Archaeological Museum of Pella, located on the site of the ancient city, where, amongst the thousands of artifacts, you can see a statue, considered to be Alexander the Great’s portrait.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Museum of the Royal Tombs of Aigai (Vergina), Imathia, Vergina 590 31 Greece
This is the place where Philip II of Macedon was assassinated, and Alexander the Great was proclaimed as king. The ancient site was discovered in 1976. Royal tombs of many kings were excavated, along with the untouched tomb of Philip II of Macedon. The magnificent Museum of Royal Tombs of Aigai contains all the riches and artifacts found in the excavations, including King Philip’s Golden Larnax and Golden Grave Crown.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Skopje, North Macedonia
Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick-you-up from your hotel or any other location of your preference in Skopje
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- In this tour we are crossing the border with Greece. You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- Most travelers can participate
- The tour operates in various weather conditions, please dress accordingly
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We are constantly following the WHO recommendations and guidelines and are implementing all the necessary precautions for ensuring the health and safety for our travelers and our staff, as well as all the other people involved in the experience.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.