Ancient Messene Private Tour from Athens
The Full-day tour of Messene is a great opportunity to combine the magnificent landscape of the Saronic Gulf the mainland of Peloponnese and one of the major archaeological sites of Greece, Ancient Messene, a hidden treasure.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional Drivers with Deep knowledge of history. [Not licensed to accompany you in any site.]
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Entrance Fees [12€ for over 6 yo for Non EU & 24 yo for EU Citizens]
- Airport Pick Up and drop-off (Additional cost)
- Licensed Tour guide upon request depending on availability [Additional cost - 250 €]
- Entry/Admission - Ancient Messini
- Entry/Admission - Ancient Messini Stadium
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Corinth Canal, Isthmia, Corinth 201 00 Greece
This tour will give you an excellent taste of Peloponnese countryside combining ancient Messene, one of the best excavated archaeological sites in Greece.
We will begin with a drive along the coast. On the way, you will view some Greek seaside villages and the island of Salamis (where the historical naval battle took place between the Athenians and the Persians).
Our first stop the Corinth Canal. Opened in 1892 separating the Peloponnese peninsula from the rest of Greece and connecting the Saronic Gulf to the Corinthian Sea. You will have time to walk across on a pedestrian bridge to admire the canal closer.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Ancient Messini, Messini 240 02 Greece
The remains of this vast ancient city are as extensive as those of Olympia and Epidavros, yet Ancient Messini receives only a fraction of their visitors. Picturesquely situated on a hillside below the village of Mavromati and still undergoing excavation, the site comprises a large theatre, an agora (marketplace), a sizeable Sanctuary of Asclepius and one of the most impressive Ancient Greek stadiums. Entry includes the small museum at the site turn-off; don't miss the impressive Arcadian Gate 800m beyond, either.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Ancient Messini Stadium, Ancient Messene, Messini 240 02 Greece
The remains of this tremendous ancient city are complete with a grand ancient stadium, an Ancient Agora, an ancient theatre with a capacity of up to ten thousand spectators, and a fountain house. It is so well-maintained that you can easily envision the city in all of its glory.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Kalamata, Kalamata, Messenia Region, Peloponnese
Kalamata is the second most populous city of the Peloponnese peninsula, after Patras, in southern Greece and the largest city of the homonymous administrative region. The capital and chief port of the Messenia regional unit, it lies along the Nedon River at the head of the Messenian Gulf.
Kalamata is renowned as the land of the Kalamatianos dance and Kalamata olives.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Athens, Athens, Attica
We will drive back to Athens.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We suggest that the tour starts at 8:00 am.If for any reason this is not convenient for you we will adjust the time according to your needs.Ports
- Piraeus Port
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- The drivers are not licensed to accompany you inside any site or museum. If you require a licensed guide to tour the sites with you, you need to hire one additionally. If you have any questions you can contact us on the phone number provided by Viator.
- The duration of the tours is approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions.
- Most travelers can participate
- Our company complies with all the health instructions of the World Health Organization about COVID-19.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.