Ancient Olympia and Corinth Canal Private Day Trip from Athens
This tour takes us across the Isthmus of Corinth and the Peloponnese to the valley of the river Alfios to see the ruins of the ancient Olympia, the historic site of the Olympic Games. This was the greatest of the Panhellenic Games and every four years Greeks from all the different city-states would put aside their disputes and come together to compete.
The importance of Olympia can still be seen from its ruins, including the Temple of Zeus, which once contained a 13 meter statue of the god made of gold and ivory, the Temple of Hera, the stadium and the Shrine of Pelops. Even today, the Olympic Flame is lit in Olympia and then taken on a relay across the world to end up in the city hosting the Olympic Games.
As we cross the Isthmus of Corinth, we stop by the Corinth Canal. Cut 6.4 kilometers through solid rock, it connects the Saronic Gulf and the Corinthian Gulf. It was finished in 1893, even though the idea existed at least as far back as 602 BC!
per adult from
10 to 14 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transportation from and to your central hotel in Athens or Piraeus
- Transportation from and to the cruise terminal of Piraeus port and ATHENS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
- Private tour (your party only), Air condition, Wi-Fi in vehicle, fuel surcharge and tolls
- Professional English-speaking driver. Gives information & tips but does not come in the sites
- Everything that involves the vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Professional guide at Olympia (available to hire at the site for additional cost)
- Admission fees
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Site of Olympia
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Corinth Canal, Isthmia, Corinth 201 00 Greece
See the Corinth Canal
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Archaeological Site of Olympia, Archea Olympia, Olympia 27065 Greece
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Epitalio 270 58, Greece
Visit the village of Epitalio or another village.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please contact us, to confirm final details.We pick you up from all Hotels from Athens and Piraeus.The port and cruise terminal or address you have given us.Airports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
- PIRAEUS PORT
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- You must be able to walk on unpaved or uneven terrain; otherwise the driver will do their best for you to see most of the sites
- Departure time is between 6:30am-7:30am, based on your preference!
- Duration: 11 to 14 hours
- Our drivers are professional, friendly and knowledgeable. Their priority is your satisfaction and safety. All our drivers speak English and are ready to help and to provide tips!
- Our cars are well-maintained, clean, and have free Wi-Fi. Baby chairs, wheelchairs and most phone chargers are available on request, at no additional charge
- Professional guide at the site (if wanted, with an extra charge, you can hire in the site)
- All prices are for 1 tour, for 1 to 4 passengers, with a taxi or sedan, and up to 7 (on request 8 passengers) passengers with a minivan
- We reserve the right to cancel a booking for a full refund in the case of bad weather, health issues or site closures
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.