Ancient Olympia Private Day Tour: Retrace the history of the Olympic games
From antiquity’s greatest architectural masterpiece, to Orthodoxy’s current spiritual center, Greece boasts no less than 18 UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Awaken the explorer in you and set about uncovering the genius of the classical world, the innovations of antiquity -still relevant today- or man’s attempt to transcend the earthly; with Upper UNESCO World Heritage Sites tours. Take a trip back in time, to make sense of the present and connect with the future. We will retrace the history of Olympic Games.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private Transport by Luxurious Mercedes Vehicle
- English Speaking Chauffeur - "Tour Insider"
- Welcome & Goodbye Surprise Group's Gift
- On Board - Mini Fridge (Bootled Water & Refreshments), WiFi, USB charger sockets per seat
- All taxes, fuel, tolls, parking fees
What's excluded :
- Licensed Tourist Guide
- Personal Expenses & Meals
- Gratuities / Tips (optional)
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Site of Olympia
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Museum of Olympia
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Athens, Athens, Attica
FROM ATHENS (your pickup location): Get picked up from your Athens location in the morning (around 08:00). Make yourselves comfortable at your chauffeur-driven private luxurious vehicle. Travel back in time to the well-preserved UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ancient Olympia.
Stop At: Corinth Canal, Isthmia, Corinth 201 00 Greece
STOP AT CORINTH CANAL: The idea of connecting the Aegean with the Ionian dates back to the Ancient Greeks. Romans gave it a go albeit with limited results. And it was after the liberation, at the end of the 19th-century that the canal finally materialized. Stop shortly to admire this feat of engineering and the fascinating sight of boats crossing it. The best way to be greeted by the Peloponnese!
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Archaeological Site of Olympia, Archea Olympia, Olympia 27065 Greece
The site of Olympia, in a lush valley formed between the Alfios and Kladeos rivers in the Peloponnesus, has been inhabited since prehistoric times. In the 10th century B.C., Olympia became a centre for the worship of Zeus. The temple of Zeus in antiquity was housing one of the 7 wonders of the Ancient world, the gold and ivory statue of Zeus, which Phedias had created. The Altis – the sanctuary to the gods – has one of the highest concentrations of masterpieces from the ancient Greek world. In addition to temples, there are the remains of all the sports structures erected for the Olympic Games, which were held in Olympia every four years beginning in 776 B.C.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Archaeological Museum of Olympia, Archaia Olympia, Olympia 27 065 Greece
You will also visit the Archaeological Museum, only a short walk from the Olympia site itself. There you will find a wonderful collection of Greek sculpture, as well as treasures that have been unearthed over a century of excavations.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Athens, Athens, Attica
RETURN TO ATHENS: It's around 3,5 hours’ drive back to Athens, where you'll return to your hotel around 7:00 - 8:00pm.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
- Piraeus port, Pireas 185 38, Greece
- Rafina port, Rafinas, Rafina 190 09, Greece
- Lavrio Port, Port Authority, Lavrio, Greece
- Alimos Marina Harbourmaster, Alimos 174 55, Greece
- D-Marin Zea, Freattyda, Pireas 185 36, Greece
- Flisvos Marina, Athens 175 61, Greece
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Comfortable clothes & hat
- Athletic walking footwear
- Sun cream & sunglasses
- Private tour, Family & Kid friendly
- Group Size: Min 6 - Max 15 pax
- Our Chauffeurs/Drivers - “Insiders” are very knowledgeable regarding the places of visit but will not guide you at the archaeological sites. A state-licensed tourist guide is eligible and can give more in depth information regarding historic facts.
- Fully Customizable Tour - "tailored to your wishes"
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Upper Tours complies with the Greek Health Protocols for Travel Agencies offering Transportation & Tour Services. We would like to reassure you that we follow all the protective and hygiene measures in order to safeguard the health of our guests and our employees.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.