Ancient Ostia Guided Tour for Kids and Families
Explore the ancient sea port of Rome on your 2.5-hour guided tour tailored to children and families. At Ostia Antica kids can play, learn and have fun among the ruins surrounded by trees, meadows and relaxing nature.
At Ostia you will find ancient warehouses, trading posts, wealthy residences, apartment blocks, bath houses, temples and markets of by-gone years.
Your entire family will experience unforgettable moments as kids play with quizzes, treasure hunts, card games, coloring books and multimedia tools to make your Ostia experience exciting and informative.
You can easily reach Ostia Antica by train!
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional art historian guide
- Children's worksheets in folders with pencils
- Travel tips for those traveling in Rome with kids
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Entry/Admission - Parco Archeologico di Ostia Antica
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Parco Archeologico di Ostia Antica, Viale Dei Romagnoli 717, 00119 Ostia Antica Italy
Your guide will meet you at the Ostia Antica ticket station to begin your 2.5-hour guided small-group tour of Ostia Antica. Located just outside Rome’s city center, Ostia is a slice of Rome’s history not to be missed.
Stop At: Parco Archeologico di Ostia Antica, Viale Dei Romagnoli 717, 00119 Ostia Antica Italy
The ancient port city of Ostia is now a ghost town. After the fall of the Roman Empire, the people of Ostia realized that their livelihoods were threatened. As a result, the inhabitants left their homes and businesses in search of a safe place that could provide them with a new way of life.
As you traverse the streets of this outdoor living museum, your guide will ensure that you see the most important buildings including the theater, thermal baths, mills, the Square of the Guilds, the Capitolium, and much more. Your guide will take you back in time, revealing the story of how the people of this special place once lived.
The venue is perfect for children. Your family will explore this historic and important archaeological site where it is possible to see the ruins, walk the streets and enter the buildings.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Pass By: Raphael Tours in Rome, 00165 Rome Italy
You can choose between 2 options:
2.5 hr PRIVATE TOUR: your guide will be waiting for you at the meeting point and she/he will be glad to answer all your family questions and adjust the tour on your family's needs and interestes.
2.5 hr SMALL GROUP TOUR: the guide will wait for you at the meeting point and you will share her/him with other families.
Departure Point :Ostia Antica, Viale dei Romagnoli, 717, 00119 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.