Ancient Ostia Half-Day Trip from Rome
Follow the sea road to Imperial Rome's historic port at Ostia on a half-day morning tour. It takes only 30 minutes to reach Ostia Antica, at the mouth of the Tiber river, and you'll have plenty of time to explore the wonderfully preserved ruins. The ruins are convenient, compact and shady, and provide a tantalizing glimpse into daily life in ancient Rome.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach (maximum 50 people)
- Entry/Admission - Parco Archeologico di Ostia Antica
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parco Archeologico di Ostia Antica, Viale Dei Romagnoli 717, 00119 Ostia Antica Italy
Ostia was Rome's flourishing trade and business center, until the port was abandoned following the Barbarian invasions. The archaeological excavations undertaken at the beginning of the 14th century have brought the ancient city back to life. During your walk through the ruins your guide will provide enlightening insights into the cultural and social life of this historic settlement.
Your visit to Ostia Antica (ancient Ostia) starts at Via delle Tombe, which leads you to the Porta Romana, one of the city's three gates. This is the beginning of the Decumanus Maximus, the main thoroughfare that crosses the city from north-east to south-west.
You will then arrive at the Terme di Nettuno, where you can admire the beautiful black and white mosaics representing Neptune and Amphitrite, the theatre built by Agrippa, and the Forum which formed the center of the city. Here you will discover the main public buildings, Il Capitolium, the temple of Rome and Augustus, the Basilica and the large thermal baths.
Near the Forum (square) you will also find the House of Diana and the Thermopolium, an ancient Roman bar with a marble counter and a fresco depicting the fruit and foodstuffs that were sold there. At the end of Via dei Dipinti, a museum displays some of the ancient sculptures unearthed at Ostia
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Green Line Tours - Day Tours, Via Giovanni Amendola 32 Piazza dei Ciquecento, 00185 Rome Italy
We wait for the rest of the group after picking up at the meeting point, to leave for Umbria.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Via Giovanni Amendola, 32, 00185 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please note: This is a Multilingual Tour
- departures are guaranteed with a minim.group of 6 partecipants
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.